Sr. UX Researcher
Broomfield CO 370 Interlocken, Broomfield, Colorado, United States
8 additional locations
United States, Minnesota, St PaulUnited States, North Carolina, DavidsonUnited States, Texas, AustinClarksville TN Wilma Rudolph, Clarksville, Tennessee, United StatesUnited States, Texas, TylerHouston, Texas, United StatesUnited States, Minnesota, MinneapolisUnited States, Texas, Dallas
Requisition # 2104946
Total Views 2029
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands - including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what's possible for a sustainable world.
Be a part of our mission! Do you want to directly contribute to an organization committed to reduce its customer carbon footprint by 1 Gigaton of Carbon Dioxide by 2030? As a world leader in creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments, it's our responsibility to put the planet first. For us at Trane Technologies, sustainability is not just how we do business-it is our business. Sustainability is at the center of our strategy and influences how we make every decision.
Trane Technologies Residential HVAC and Supply business offers a broad portfolio of energy efficient heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, air quality products, home automation and parts support. We ensure our customers are safe and comfortable, while reducing the impact on our shared environment. Our brands include Trane, American Standard, RunTru and Ameristar.
As a Sr. UX Researcher , you have a passion for and are responsible for ensuring the user-viewpoint is well-represented in everything that the Residential Digital Product teams do, from planning through development, and release. You are a skilled and curious researcher who can plan, recruit, conduct, analyze, and present user research. You are comfortable collaborating with people across products and across disciplines, balancing business objectives, end-user goals, and technical requirements to help plan the creation of world-class experiences.
You understand the importance of whole team buy-in and bring your Product Owner and developers with you through the process, whether field research, collaborative journey mapping, facilitating a design sprint, or running a usability test. By obtaining and communicating user needs for short-term and long-term visioning, validating experiences in an agile environment, and conducting deeper exploration into concepts that impact multiple project teams, you have a key role in impacting customer, prospect, and partner experiences. You look forward to joining a team that is moving from design execution into the realm of design strategy.
This role is 80% user experience research/analysis and 20% strategic user experience, with opportunities to apply interaction design skills if you have them.
- Plan and conduct user research as an input into both experience strategy and project execution.
- Guide teams on best research methods for a given problem, question or challenge.
- Analyze, synthesize, interpret, and explain research results.
- Prepare and deliver easy-to-understand, well-designed research plans and findings tailored to a variety of audiences.
- Plan and facilitate workshops with key stakeholders to gather information and insights.
- Help drive to consensus. Document and communicate outcomes in a clear, effective, and visually-appealing manner.
- Actively lead and collaborate in discussions and working sessions with cross-functional groups.
- Evangelize and advocate for user research, user-centered design philosophy, and UX/research best practices.
- Interpret user feedback to help guide designers as they develop high-fidelity designs and prototypes.
- Work independently under general prioritization and guidance of the UX Director.
- Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Specific Deliverables Include
- Research Proposals/Plans
- Research Results/Analysis Presentations and Leave-Behinds
- Personas and User/Customer Journey Maps
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years in a user experience role, including UX research and UX strategy
- Experience planning, conducting and summarizing user research and design workshops
- Experience with tools such as Dovetail, Lookback, Validately, Qualtrics, or Miro
- Experience using a variety of research methods across the product lifecycle
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong presentation skills, including preparing presentations and presenting them to various local and remote audiences
- Strong consultative skills, capable problem-solving abilities, and ability to build consensus across teams
- Willingness to travel, as needed, to conduct user research
- Comfortable work independently on multiple projects and priorities
Additional Preferred Experience
- Degree in Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction or similar field
- Experience with web and mobile design in an agile environment
- Comfortable working with UX research and design agencies
- Creating and testing Information architectures & Micro-copy
- Working knowledge of graphic design best practices (color theory, brand standards)
- Experience in Omnigraffle, Visio, Sketch or other wireframing and prototyping tools
- Interactive prototyping experience (Figma, Axure, Adobe XD, In-Design, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Experience leading researchers and/or designers
- Quantitative research skills
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what's possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Base Pay Range (for Colorado Residents): $66,000 - 136,000
Disclaimer: This "range" could be a result of seniority, merit, geographic location where the work is performed, education, experience, travel requirements for the job, or because of a system the employer uses to measure earnings by quantity or quality of production (so, for example, positions that may not have traditional salary ranges).
*Benefits vary by region, business alignment, union involvement and employee status.