Alexa is the brain behind Echo, the Amazon device designed around your voice that answers your questions, plays your music, reads the news you care about, checks sports scores or the weather, and much more-instantly. Just ask! The vision for Alexa is to build the Star Trek computer in the cloud and enable customers to access it from a range of devices. The Alexa Voice Service (AVS) is the set of APIs and services that allows device makers and application developers to add intelligent voice control for Alexa's growing list of capabilities to any connected product that has a microphone and speaker. We are looking for a Customer Insight Manager to help us raise the bar on how we gather and apply customer insights to deliver meaningful improvements to the overall customer experience. A day in the life
You will be responsible for developing and conducting best-in-class market research to help our teams identify opportunities in product features, marketing and engagement strategies, and value proposition. The ideal candidate has strong ownership, strong ability to influence others and collaborate cross-functionally, and the ability to dive deep. You will need to be able to handle multiple projects in a fast-moving environment and communicate clearly and persuasively. About the hiring group
The AVS Voice of the Customer program is primarily focused on better understanding customer behavior/usage trends with Alexa built-in devices in order to help inform ongoing engagement efforts. We translate insights into measurable customer experience outcomes aligned to business goals, and perform thorough analyses leading to focused, insightful, and actionable findings. Job responsibilities
* Define and execute (and, as necessary, invent) research methods appropriate to the questions at hand, including but not limited to surveys, diary studies, and in-depth interviews, to inform product roadmaps and sparks ideas for engagement strategies.
* Synthesize a wide range of primary customer feedback and customer engagement data, and craft a meaningful narrative grounded in the customer point of view the business can put into action immediately.
* Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team of product managers, marketing managers and UX designers, ask the right questions to gather all relevant information to guide research approach, and persuade decision makers at all levels of the organization to take aligned action on research findings - inspire them and help them identify opportunities to delight customers.
* Select, consult with, and manage research projects with vendors (i.e. assessing proposals, budget considerations, etc).
* Create scalable and repeatable process and technical solutions to allow Voice of the Customer program to scale.
* Advance the development of insight-based knowledge management systems to increase the visibility and availability of customer insights to drive organizational decision-making and prioritization of investments. * 3+ years of experience in the field of research, with a strong portfolio that illustrates how your research informed decision-making, ideally in the technology industry.
* 2+ years of experience with managing all stages of qualitative and quantitative research in an applied setting (study design, operational execution, data analysis, and devising customer insights/recommendations).
* Broad experience designing and running a full range of research methods: qualitative and quantitative, attitudinal and behavioral, with deep expertise in one or more areas. Proven ability to execute the right methodology to get the needed result.
* Excellent written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
* BA/BS in psychology, sociology, human computer interaction, anthropology, or related discipline. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit