Hussian College Studio School - Los Angeles is currently hiring qualified candidates for the: *Adjunct Instructor, Mythology, Storytelling, Writing & Anthropology*
All Faculty report to the Department Chair. Faculty works closely with the school's administrators, academic advisers and administrative staff. Successful candidates are high-energy leaders with a passion for teaching and a collaborative style that promotes integrity, empowers vision, displays flexibility and inspires creativity.
*Position Description: *Successful candidates are well versed in mythology, storytelling and anthropology. An ability to support artists and relate the material to their interests is paramount. This position emphasizes mentorship, student support, discussion leadership and project work.
The following job requirements represent minimum levels of education, experience and competencies/abilities needed to perform this job successfully:
* A master's is required along with 15 credits in the subject matter of the course.
* Candidates must be willing to learn and adopt new technologies and course delivery methods.
* Competencies: Incumbent must (be) able to:
· Project a professional image and provide outstanding customer service
· Keep commitments, meet deadlines and achieve demanding results
· Organize and execute around multiple priorities
· Communicate effectively, outstanding verbal and written communication skills
· Speak effectively to both large and small groups of people
· Prepare and conduct effective presentations
· Demonstrate excellent listening skills
· Cooperate and collaborate as a member of a team
· Excellent leadership and motivational skills
· Strong presence/history in the Campus Community preferred
· Strong training skills
· High ethical standards
· Eligible to be bonded
· Use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports and other data
· Embrace and demonstrate on an ongoing basis the Company's core values and mission statement
Physical and Mental Requirements: Physical Requirements: This job requires normal physical mobility, including the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Normal hand- eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp and lift up to 40 pounds, is also required.
Mental Requirements: This job requires the ability to read, recall, write and understand information. This job also requires the ability to work under moderate pressure and to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
Environment: This job is normally performed in a clean, well-lighted, heated and cooled office area/classroom
Note: The purpose of this job description is to document the Major Responsibility Areas (MRAs) and key Duties normally required of this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only responsibilities or duties to be performed by incumbents. Associates are expected to follow all job related instructions and perform any other duties assigned by their supervisor(s).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, promotion, pay or place of work because of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or age. Employment with the Company does not constitute a contract for any specific period of time and any associate is free to resign at any time, with or without a reason, just as the Company may end an associate's employment at any time, with or without a reason. The Company will, in compliance with the ADA, accommodate essential job functions whenever feasible.