ERM is currently looking for Archaeological Field Technicians to support future needs of survey efforts for energy projects in multiple locations in Southern California. This is a project-term, field-based position. Archaeological Field Techs will assist with or conduct archaeological field surveys.
- Digging shovel tests and screening soil;
- Visually inspecting the land surface for presence of artifacts;
- Bagging recovered artifacts and recording the provenience of the finds;
- Maintaining field notes;
- Compliance with corporate HSE; and
- Performing other duties as assigned or required.
- Archaeological field school or prior archaeological field survey experience;
- Ability to work outdoors in variable weather conditions and on varied terrain;
- Ability to work weekends and over 40 hours per week when needed;
- Working knowledge of archaeological survey protocols;
- Ability to work in the field for extended periods of time; and
- Must meet criteria identified in Job Demands & Conditions Analysis for Office and Field Positions.
- B.A. in Anthropology or related field will be advantageous.