Senior Archaeologist/Project Manager - Tempe or FlagstaffLogan Simpson,
an environmental planning, cultural resources, and landscape architectural design firm, currently seeks a full-time Senior Archaeologist/Project Manager
to work in our Tempe or Flagstaff, Arizona offices to assist federal agencies with all aspects of National Historic Preservation Act Section 106 compliance, including Native American tribal consultation, coordination assistance, and project management.
Duties and responsibilities include planning and managing all phases of cultural resources projects including survey; archaeological monitoring, testing and data recovery; technical report production; preparing scopes of work and cost estimates; and meeting project scope, schedule, and budget obligations. This position requires the individual to be self-motivated and work well in a team-oriented setting.
Ideal candidates will have: a proven background supervising and mentoring staff; experience interacting and coordinating with clients, government agencies, and Tribal representatives in a decision-making role; an understanding with federal, state, and local historic preservation and cultural resources regulations; experience assisting with preparing cultural resources sections for the National Environmental Policy Act and other environmental planning documents; and an established area of technical expertise and/or an archaeological research interest. Preferred candidate will have experience working with Native American tribal agencies.
- Master's degree in Anthropology, History, or a closely related field and 2+ years of supervisory/project management experience; or a Bachelor's degree in Anthropology, History, or a closely related field and 5+ years of supervisory/project management experience;
- Preference will be given to candidates that can demonstrate experience working with Tribal agencies;
- Ability to obtain permits at the Principal Investigator or Field Director level on BLM, National Forest, and State lands, preferably for lands in Arizona and adjacent states (NV, UT, CA, and NM).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and experience independently preparing, reviewing and editing complex technical documents for a full range of cultural resources projects.
offers a comprehensive benefit package and a competitive salary. If interested, please apply below and attach a resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements.
Logan Simpson is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Apply for Position
- Which position are you applying for? *
- Accounting Assistant - Tempe
- Archaeological Field Director - Flagstaff/Tempe/Tucson
- Biologist - Flagstaff/Tempe/Tucson
- Environmental Planner - Tempe
- GIS Analyst/Modeler - Fort Collins
- Marketing Proposal Specialist - Flagstaff/Tempe/Tucson/Fort Collins/Salt Lake City
- Planner - Fort Collins/Salt Lake City
- Senior Archaeologist/Project Manager - Tempe or Flagstaff
- Senior Archaeologist/Project Manager - Reno
- Senior Biologist- Arizona
- Senior Environmental Planner - Tempe
- Temporary Archaeological Crew Lead - Reno
- Temporary Archaeological Field Technicians - Flagstaff/Tempe/Tucson
- Temporary Archaeological Field Technicians - Nevada
- Name * First Last
- Email *
- Home Phone
- Cell Phone *
- Preferred Contact Method *
- Address * Street Address City ZIP / Postal Code
- State *
- How did you hear about Logan Simpson? *
- Unemployment website/agency
- Employee referral
- College recruitment/job fair
- Arizona Opportunities Industrialization Center
- Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Chicanos Por La Causa
- Friendly House
- Greater Phoenix Urban League
- Linkages Arizona
- Phoenix Indian Center
- Phoenix Job Corps
- Other internet job board
- Some high school
- High school or equivalent
- Some college
- Please list any professional licenses or certifications: *
- Please specify your eligibility to work in the United States. *
- I am authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer
- I am authorized to work in the U.S. for my present employer only
- I require sponsorship to work in the U.S.
- What is your annual salary expectation? *
- Are you willing to relocate? *
- Do you currently possess a valid driver's license? *
- Upload your resume (and portfolio if applicable) *
- (max upload size limit: 15mb)
- At Logan Simpson, all applicants and staff members are treated equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, parental status, sexual orientation, marital status, political affiliation or belief, military or veteran status, or any other prohibited factor, including equal pay for staff members who perform equal work. Submission of the information requested below is voluntary and failure to provide this information will not adversely affect your status as an applicant for employment.
- Asian (not Hispanic or Latino)
- American Indian or Alaska Native (not Hispanic or Latino)
- Black or African American (not Hispanic or Latino)
- Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander (not Hispanic or Latino)
- Hispanic or Latino
- White (not Hispanic or Latino)
- Two or more races (not Hispanic or Latino)
- Registered Disabled
GSA Contract HolderLogan Simpson is a GSA contract holder (GS-10F-0063P) and is a federal small, woman-owned business under NAICS codes 541720 and 541620.
After founding Logan Simpson and successfully leading the firm's 30 years of guiding responsible change, Diane Simpson-Colebank is stepping down as president and CEO. Diane will continue to serve as…