Job Vacancies in Ethiopia | Find Jobs in Ethiopia
Job seekers wanting to get Job Email Alerts for jobs in Ethiopia : please login into your account (register if you don't have one), go to the Jobs section, and look for Job Email Alert link, and complete the setup. It is very IMPORTANT that the Email Alert Page be setup properly. You can access setup insurtions by clicking here: Job Email Alert Instructions . EthioJobs net seekers wishing to apply for any job vacancies in Ethiopia must follow instructions given in the job description for each vacancy and apply accordingly. Unless otherwise stated, you must send your application package to the employer directly. Thank you!
Important Notes to Job Seekers:
Writing great resume and cover letter is one of the most important steps you can take in securing your next perfect Job vacancy in Ethiopia. Poorly written resumes and/or cover letters are one of the common reasons why many job seekers in Ethiopia do not even get the opportunity for interviews for job vacancies in Ethiopia . Ezega Blogs has resources to help you write excellent resumes and cover letters. You can also download from our site specially selected resume and cover letter samples that you can customize to fit your needs for any Ethio jobs.
Take the time to write excellent resumes and cover letters. Start with well-designed samples, rather than from scratch, and edit and customize to meet your needs before applying for any jobs in Ethiopia . Have it checked for errors and typos by others to make sure that everything is fine. Do it right the first time before you apply for any jobs from Ezega, or other sotes such as EmployEthiopia , Mjobs or EthioJobs net. Remember, once the wrong resume and cover letter is out, there is no way to get it back and correct.
Many job seekers in Ethiopia get frustrated because they apply to many places, but never get called for interviews. This is happening to many job seekers applying for various jobs in Ethiopia through job portals such Ezega Jobs, EmployEthiopia, EthioJobs, Mjobs, etc. In many cases, the reasons are simple and common.
Regardless of whether you are applying from mjobs or employethiopia or any other, the hiring manager normally gets many resumes to review. The number one question in the mind of the hiring manager is who among the many applicants can best handle the job at hand. The only way to tell prior to interviews is through resumes and cover letters. The hiring manager would normally look for someone who has done something similar or at least one who showed interest in the work being advertised. If your cover letter so generic (the same for all jobs), you will be talking about something else not related to the job you are applying - which means, in the eye of the hiring manager, you are not suitable for the job you are applying. So, it is extremely important that you edit the cover letter for each job you are applying to show interest in the job, and to mention something related that you have done or studied in the past. The main point is that you are conveying a message to the hiring manager that you understand what the job needs and you have done or studied something related to the job you are applying.
You may also edit you resume for each job you are applying to highlight any study or work you have done that is a requirement for the job. That way the hiring manager doesn't have to look hard to find it. Remember, hiring managers barely have a few minutes to spend on each job application. So, putting up front or highlighting the relevant skills or knowledge you have increases your chance of getting called for interview.
Also, please answer any questions the hiring manager is asking in the vacancy announcement. If it was asked that you must have certain computer skills, please state that in your cover letter and resume. If the vacancy post asks to state your typing speed in words per minute, you should state that in your cover letter. That will be greatly appreciated by the hiring manager for any jobs here, ethiojobs net or mjobs . If you ignore any requests or questions like these that the job post requests, it means you are not giving any attention to details of the job application requirements, and the chances of you getting called for interview becomes very low.
Finally, please send only what is asked in the vacancy announcement. If the job post asks you to send only cover letter and resume, just send the cover letter and resume - not all documents you have.
For more advice on crareers, please visit our Ezega Employement and Career Center in our Entertainment/Blogs section. There, you will find numerous articles that can help you in job hunting, job interviews, salary negotiations, career growth, and much more.
BMZ Livelihood Project Coordinator | Dugda Children's and Family Charitable organization
Company Name/ Contact Person : Dugda Children's and Family Charitable organization
Organization: Dugda Children's and Family Charitable organization
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Dugda Children's and Family Charitable organization (DCFCO ) is working in partnership with ChildFund Ethiopia and USAID/ISHDO and would like to invite interested applicants for the following position
Position: BMZ Livelihood Project Coordinator
Location: Oromia East Shoa Meki
Employment Type: Full time
Report to: Dugda CFCO Executive director
Term of employment: One year with possible extension based on performance and Budget availability
Be responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of ‘Strengthening of vulnerable women in food security, IGAs and savings and credit associations, as well as increased environmental protection project in five kebeles of Dugda district'
Ensure project implementation as per agreed policies, procedures and in compliance with LoA, MoU, and other contractual agreements made with donors as well with concerned government offices.
Be responsible for the overall coordination of BMZ project implementation, project resource management, and Provide technical support to concerned project staff on designing practical strategies for practicing Livelihood and NRM.
Regularly monitor the activities at the office and field level with households and ensure timely implementation.
Assess the needs through household surveys and focus group discussions.
Prepare and submit Annual Operational plan and Annual, Quarter, monthly report as per the agreement for both donor and government signatory offices other duties assigned by DCFCO Executive Director
Project design, implementation, and reporting
Provide leadership into the project planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation; assess the outputs, outcomes, and impact of BMZ Project.
• Oversee the overall process of project implementation.
• Coordinate the overall BMZ project in the operational area by supervising the Community Development Facilitators.
• Under the Executive director's leadership contribute to the development of concept notes and proposals.
• Ensure effective and efficient management of resources, including project budgets, monitoring expenditures, and implementing cost control measures.
• Ensure M&E and learning in close collaboration with another employee.
• Ensure quality, timely reporting, and documenting best practice of the project to donor and respective government sectors- as needed.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Policy engagement and networking
• Establish and maintain good relationships with relevant partners, including government agencies, employers' and workers' organizations, NGOs, and others active in the field of BMZ project .and fundamental principles and rights at work.
• Commit to understand and implement the child safeguarding policy/procedure and code of conduct of the organization.
• Makes follow up and proper documentation of plans, reports, success stories
How to Apply
• Candidates who meet the above qualifications can apply in person to Dugda CFCO's main office Block 03 Room 01 located at Meki town Bole kebele behind telecom or can send your updated CV and application letter through firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 working days from the date of Advertisement.
• Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
• Minimum of BA /preferably Master Degree in Rural Development, Agricultural Economics, Livelihood or other related fields, Five years' experience in coordination and project management, related to Livelihood and NRM in International or local non-government organizations.
• BA/MA degree in Sociology, Social Anthropology, Social Work, Law, and related field.
Experience: 6 years for BA degree and 4 years for MA degree holder's experience in coordination and project management, related to Livelihood and NRM in International or local non-government organizations. At least 4 years' NGO experience in Coordinating projects.
• Fluent in speaking and writing the English language; working local language is also required.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel,).
• Motor Bick driving License
Knowledge of the designed project activities indicators and priorities.
Ability to complete assignments in accordance with the instructions and directions.
Ability to interpret project information and to identify and analyze problems with implementation.
Ability to provide technical advice to first order in the field of the project.
Ability to integrate gender issues in program and research.
Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
The ability to work in a multicultural environment and gender-sensitive behavior and attitudes are also required.
Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.