WE ARE / Strategy.
Strategy is the foundation of everything The Martin Agency does. Where some would run from that pressure, our group runs boldly towards it - to be a solid foundation is to be strong enough that whatever is built on us can stand tall and flourish. We are that source of strength for ideas, and our power comes from holding on to wonder. THE TEAM
We work with brands and client partners to uncover and sharpen what they stand for in the world and, by that nature, what they stand against. Our job is not only to develop culture-impacting strategic platforms, but to inspire: inspire our creatives, our clients, and most importantly, our clients' best prospects. We go beyond "what." What is limiting. So too is "who," even. We lean into the new, asking "What if?" and "If this, then?" and so, so many "Why's?" This is how we find the truths in ever-changing consumer behaviors, and the resulting impact they can have on culture and our brands.
This role will report directly into the Group Planning Director.
Make you wanna join the fight? Read on for more detail. YOU ARE /
A cultural anthropologist, social listener, brand builder, analyst, idea sparker, and creative partner. A planner, first and foremost, and will map out journeys that make loyalists out of line-walkers and believers out of clients.
YOUR IMPACT/ You'll:
- Collaborate with senior creative leaders and inventive thinkers every day, building trust with them to get to the kind of work that is the most talked-about.
- Lead our clients on a day-to-day basis to uncover consumer insights and brand strategies that will drive our clients' business and inspire our creative teams to deliver breakthrough, culture-impacting, award-winning work.
- Have quantitative and qualitative data, cultural trends, behavioral patterns and strategic storytelling top of mind. You'll work from the mindset of "data first."
- Provide a growth mindset for the agency - we are always looking for and pitching for new business, and you'll develop insightful strategies for clients alongside that team - and for creative ideas.
- Have the space to push yourself and your team to go beyond the obvious consumer insights, the obvious reasons to believe, and instead discover those hard-to-find but true-to-culture ways in; those untapped behaviors and unconventional connections.
- Problem solve and use that part of yourself to ensure creative delivery of the client's business opportunities and resonate with their audiences.
IS THIS ROLE NOT QUITE A MATCH?
- At least 5 years of experience working in brand strategy at an advertising agency or a similar creative industry
- A strong knowledge of strategic research tools (i.e. NetBase, Helixa, Iconoculture, etc.)The ability to synthesize data into sellable ideas that inspire clients, agency leaders, and creatives, both written and conversationally
- A passion for the latest trends in culture and technology and media
- Expert communication skills (both written and conversationally) and are a natural negotiator - we work with a representative group of people (race, ethnicity, nationality, etc.) and we value those who are excited at the chance to communicate cross-culturally and across departments
- Passion for shaping and discovering new ways of thinking and championing those ways if it means you're pushing towards the best work
Does this role pique your interest but feel a lil' out of reach, or misaligned with your unique experience?Still reach out
! Your story might capture our attention. HOW WE MAKE SPACE The Martin Agency is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
We are committed to creating a place of belonging - a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. The Martin Agency does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.