The Department of Pediatrics Nutrition is seeking a qualified research coordinator at the ARS/ USDA Children's Nutrition Research Center. The Children's Nutrition Research Center is one of six USDA human nutrition research centers conducting scientific investigations designed to provide Americans with a clear understanding of the role of nutrition in maintaining a healthy, active life. This position will specifically support research on culinary medicine, behavioral lifestyle interventions, and digital nutrition education. The purpose of this position is to coordinate day to day activities of research protocols related to community health and nutrition which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants.Job Duties
- Identifies, interviews, screens and recruits patients for study; explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Conducts qualitative data collection including interviews and focus groups with community members and key informants relating to food and nutrition.
- Performs Spanish/English translations for study materials and recruitment as needed.
- Helps maintain social media and online intervention tools for studies.
- Supports in person and virtual cooking demonstrations.
- Contributes to literature reviews, manuscript writing, presentations and intervention content development as needed.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database.
- May perform Venipuncture (blood draws), EKGs/ECG's and obtain vital signs on study participants.
- May collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Employees may be required to receive on the job training of phlebotomy and EKGs/ECGs prior to performing on study participants.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, interviews, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- May correspond with patient throughout study.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Nutrition, Public Health, Food Studies, Sociology, Anthropology, Communication, Spanish)
- Bilingual (Spanish / English)
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.