Senior User Experience Researcher (Evanston, IL)ZS
is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy, customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and technology, we leverage our deep industry expertise and leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real world. Our most valuable asset is our people-a fact that's reflected in our values-driven organization in which new perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated. ZSers are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive in industries ranging from healthcare and life sciences, to high-tech, financial services, travel and transportation, and beyond. SENIOR USER EXPERIENCE RESEARCHER
We seek a Senior User Experience Researcher to join our fast growing team Evanston-based Software Development (SD) team. The SD team at ZS is a diverse, collaborative and smart group with offices in India and the United States. The UX team within this group conducts user-centered strategy, research and design in support of ZS' software products and productized assets. In this team you will have an immediate impact on the full lifecycle of our solutions as we bring a user-centered design approach to software development, configuration, and ongoing administration of our clients' business processes. Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design of the research approach based on business goals and desired outcomes
- Assist in the execution of quantitative and qualitative research activities to capture user insights and elicit requirements for client engagements and internal ZS initiatives
- Deliver clarity and insight into user needs, and articulates user requirements for business processes, systems and tools
- Support the analysis, preparation, and communication of research findings for executive reports and presentations
- Produce deliverables that communicate user research insights in an effective way to clients, stakeholders and project team members.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the project lifecycle, including documentation of user types (personas), scenarios, tasks, conceptual models and process flows
- Support and inform the creation of wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes and other related design artifacts • Strive for optimal usability and user engagement for the end-to-end experience by leveraging industry standards
- Contribute to development and dissemination of UX expertise inside ZS
- Mentor junior team members about UX research findings that support or establish new design best practices and industry standards
- Masters or PhD degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, the social sciences (Anthropology, Psychology, Cognitive Psychology), or a related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in the field of User Experience, with a focus on enabling and delivering complex, high-volume, high profile business applications, portals, mobile applications, interactive dashboards, data visualization and information design
- Ability to understand complex business processes and how they manifest in enterprise software to support end-users
- Functional understanding of enterprise software is required, including portals, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, content management systems, collaboration technologies, and Business Intelligence (BI) systems
- Demonstrated experience applying human factors engineering and ergonomics to optimize user interfaces in digital tools
- Strong experience working within a user-centered design (UCD) process and leveraging user research techniques such as ethnographic studies, user interviews and usability testing; the demonstrated ability to execute and facilitate a research study end to end is required
- Ability to incorporate insights from research studies into synthesized findings in a manner that is easily understood by clients and ZS project team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially the ability to clearly articulate and document research findings, recommendations and decisions; keeps UX and Project Team leads up-to-date
- Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to contribute to design discussions using research to obtain consensus on project requirement
Additionally, we seek individuals with the following personal attributes:
- Curious, results driven, confident and committed to professional growth;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on several projects simultaneously in a matrixed and fast paced environment, with a tenacity to overcome ambiguity;
- Can work independently, prioritize time and is quick on his/her feet;
- An engaging, active partner in formulating business strategies and user experience recommendations;
ZS is a global consulting firm; fluency in English is required, additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.
Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a cover letter expressing interest and a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and retirement savings benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE.
- Follow ZS on LinkedIn for more job opportunities
ZS has been recognized globally for its expertise in consulting and its flexible work environment. View ZS's accolades