Archological Tech I - Curation Compliance Support - Fort Bliss, TX
Cherokee Nation Management & Consulting (CNMC) is a versatile small business that provides advisory & assistance services in research, experimental development, technology implementation, and program management. CNMC has expertise in a wide-range of technical disciplines including engineering, environmental, information and asset management, along with a variety of physical and life sciences. The company is an integral part of the Technology Division's portfolio of companies. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNMC is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies. SUMMARY
Complete the archiving of associated records from previous and current projects and re-housing of artifacts. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide on-site effort to complete the archiving of associated records from current and previous Fort Bliss projects and re-housing of artifacts. The major requirement will be to rehabilitate this group of collections to meet minimal standards mandated by 36CFR79 regulations.
- Re-housing collections to include completing inventory, inserting tags, affixing labels, filing and re-boxing in archival boxes.
- Archive associated records to include creating documentation (e.g., memos), completing inventory, updating main site and project files, making duplicate copies, filing, labeling, and arranging in archival boxes.
- Provide database management to include creating tables, data-entry, editing, performing queries, and updating provenience information.
- Provide general care of curation facility including tasks of cleaning and maintaining work and storage areas, to preserve and manage archaeological artifacts, associated records, and documents in conditions that ensure long-term care.
- Compile information for RFIs (requests for information), including locating artifacts for loan, artifact counts, request for reports and reproduction/scanning of documents.
- Conduct background research required to update site and project files. These activities include, but not limited to, (a) literature search; (b) map search; and (c) locational data analysis.
- Participate in the preparation of public outreach program which will include tours of the facility
None EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Undergraduate degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or a related field and at least two years of experience working with collections.
Physical demand will require spending considerate time at a desk using computer terminal and will require to lifting "banker style" boxes with an average weight of 10-15 pounds and to reach and bend down to put boxes away or take them off shelf. WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The duties of this position are performed 90% in a climate-controlled office environment and 10% in the field. No travel is anticipated.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster ; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision ; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2021 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.