Join Community Services Group (CSG)
, a Certified B Corporation, as a Case Manager II
for our Intensive Case Management Program
in Lancaster, PA
and find meaning in your work every day. Immediately hiring for this position.
As a Case Manager II,
you will provide casework services to assist individuals and their families in achieving their optimum level of functioning. Case Managers exercise clinical/casework skills and considerable independent judgment, decision making, and creativity in facilitating the individual's/family's personal growth and enhancing the stability of their social network.
Successful Case Managers
at CSG, are caring, compassionate and dedicated professionals who enjoy helping to improve the lives of others in their community.This position offers:
- Full-Time position (40 hrs/wk) Monday to Friday hours from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. On-call required occasionally.
- Professional development opportunities, including on the job training.
- Every day is a different adventure.
CSG offers Health Insurance & Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision & Life Insurance - Available for employees, spouses and domestic partners who qualify.
- Generous Paid Time Off & Other Paid Leave.
- Extensive paid training.
- Career Development Opportunities.
- Wellness Programs and Reimbursement.
- Up-to-date, user friendly technology and in-house IT support.
- 401K with employer match, Tuition Assistance & More!
Health Insurance & Benefits availability will vary.Qualifications:
Become a valued member of the CSG Team. Together, we are a force for good!
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in sociology, social work, psychology, gerontology, anthropology, criminal justice, theology, nursing, counseling, or education; OR an associate's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in sociology, social work, psychology, gerontology, anthropology, criminal justice, theology, nursing, counseling, or education plus 5 years of paid experience in human services.
- Have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport individual to appointments.
- Able to work flexible hours to meet individual's and program's needs to be considered.
- Have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
Like other healthcare organizations, we provide essential services to individuals and we will continue to serve and to hire during the COVID-19 pandemic while providing a safe and stable work environment for our team.
or learn more about this and all open positions at CSG, please visit www.csgonline.org
and click on Join Our Team!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.