University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Senior Professional Research Assistant
Department of Family Medicine | School of Medicine
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
- Anschutz Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration - Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Nature of Work
The Department of Family Medicine (DFM) is part of the University of Colorado's School of Medicine with missions of patient care, medical education, research, and community engagement.
The Senior Professional Research Assistant (Senior PRA) provides a wide range of support to promote successful research for projects affiliated with the Department of Family Medicine. The DFM aims to conduct research that is relevant to practices, communities, and populations with the intent of improving how care is delivered and the health of communities throughout Colorado.
This Senior PRA will serve on multiple projects that will depend in part on funding of pending grant proposals and will evolve as needed. The initial work will likely be related to dissemination and implementation and stakeholder engagement projects in a range of topics such as monoclonal antibody treatment for COVID-19 and stakeholder engagement in genomic research for brain cancer. The focus of many projects is to evaluate the effectiveness and implementation of evidence-based interventions in real-world practice.
Dissemination and Implementation Science, Stakeholder Engagement
Work to be Performed
- Facilitate implementation of project activities, including project coordination, documentation, and timeline management.
- Plan and coordinate logistics for project and stakeholder meetings.
- Facilitate document management, including maintaining practice agreements and any grant reporting and IRB related requirements.
- Assist in the development and design of study tools, protocols, consent forms, and other documents related to the research and evaluation projects.
- Coordinate, conduct, and monitor participant recruitment activities, including the development of recruitment materials and tracking databases and in-person/email/phone recruitment activities.
- Oversee data collection, database maintenance, data entry, and preparation for analysis.
- Conduct interviews or other qualitative data collection as needed.
- Conduct basic quantitative data analysis using Excel or other statistical tools
- Maintain communication and relationships with the various project partners, including participating health care organizations and community partners.
- Assist with compiling information, creating data reports, interpreting data, and designing, writing, producing, and disseminating study reports.
- Coordinate and track manuscripts; edit and co-author papers and presentations.
- Provide administrative support to Principal Investigators and other duties as assigned.
The Senior PRA will receive direction from Principal Investigators at the University of Colorado.
The position may oversee graduate students or student workers.
The salary range hiring range for this position has been established at $60,000 - 70,000.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above hiring range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services .
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits .
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Education : Master's degree in Public Health, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Communications, Anthropology, or related discipline.
- Experience : Three years' experience in project/program management, research/evaluation, qualitative and quantitative data collection, and data management.
- Special Skills : Experience in an academic, healthcare, community organization, or other environment with an emphasis on regular interactions in-person, by phone, and email with people. Meeting and conference planning experience. Human subjects protections and IRB experience. Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams), Adobe Acrobat, virtual meeting software such as Zoom, project management tools (such as Smartsheet or Trello) and database management tools (such as REDCap or Qualtrics).
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- Project management credentials
- Knowledge of public health and health care practices and issues
- Experience with social media and multimedia communications
- Experience with stakeholder and community engagement
- Experience conducting qualitative research including use of Atlas.ti software
- Experience conducting survey research
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, and to track and maintain deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn new skills, synthesize and apply knowledge from diverse disciplines and analyze, develop and implement improvements to work processes.
- Ability to speak in a clear, professional manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated proficiency with written communication, including the ability to write clear and effective reports and correspondences in a timely fashion.
- Strong listening skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively within a team and with others at all levels of various organizations.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details and accuracy.
- Comfortable working with diverse people with competing demands in busy organizations and communities.
- Sensitivity to individual needs and cultural differences.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Strong decision-making skills, utilizing established protocols to inform actions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise appropriate discretion with information.
Primary Location: Aurora
Job Category Faculty
Department U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS
Posting Date Sep 9, 2021
Unposting Date Ongoing
Posting Contact Name Deanna Schroder
Posting Contact Email email@example.com
Posting Number 00786127
Req ID: 22119
The University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, pregnancy, disability, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, political affiliation, or political philosophy. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.