Our growing Experience Design team is seeking a full-time Lead User Experience Researcher
with a passion and hands on ability to translate complex industry challenges into actionable, customer-centered insights. This is a leadership role for an organized and detail-oriented individual who insists upon delivering high quality solutions that are both data-driven and user-centric. You will work along a smart, passionate, and empathic team to concept and design industry-changing digital products that enable our teams to win in a very competitive marketplace. The ideal candidate is a curious, creative problem solver who enjoys collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to further user experience best practices at every opportunity.
Role and Responsibilities
- Define research goals and questions in order to support business needs, while keeping a human-centered lens; recommend appropriate research methodologies to match
- Develop test plans and execute user experience research to identify problems and latent needs
- Conduct, collect and analyze user behavior through concept testing, usability tests, user surveys and interviews, benchmark studies, competitive analyses and other experience research methods.
- Analyze research data, synthesize findings, and clearly communicate recommendations and implications to coworkers and clients
- Facilitating client workshops including user-centered activities such as audience definition, journey mapping, empathy mapping
- Work with Experience Designers, Product Strategists, Data Scientists, Engineers and other key stakeholders to prioritize and conduct research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams to create innovative, best-in-class, customer-centric solutions
- Mentor junior staff in user research activities and methodologies, improve presentation skills, and guide personal growth
- 4-6 years of experience as a User Researcher (or Equivalent) with a robust toolkit of research methods
- BS/BA/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Information Systems, Library Science, or equivalent work experience
- Advanced degree with formal training in research methods is preferred (HCI, Design Research, Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, etc)
- Experience with testing complex data-driven products and user interactions (advertising technology, finance, etc.)
- Ability to lead user research engagements to provide a strong voice for UX within blended teams
- Capacity to excel both independently and within a collaborative team environment both on site and virtually with geographically dispersed colleagues
- Background in human factors, information architecture, and user-centered design methodology
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- In depth knowledge of screen sharing and recording software as well as user testing online tools as well as remote facilitation tools such as MIro
- Consulting/Agency Experience
- Proficiency in Powerpoint & Excel
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationships
- Professional demeanor to communicate and articulate with client stakeholders and end users.
- Excellent listener with a passion for user centered design
Nice to Have's
- Ability to create wireframes, sitemaps, navigation flows, user journeys, process flows, interaction design, and specs
- Understanding of responsive design, accessibility issues, and Agile methodology
- Some knowledge of the traditional, digital, and programmatic media industry's complexities and challenges
- Working knowledge of design software such as Sketch, Invision, and Figma is a plus.
If you have passion and intelligence, and possess a technical knack (even if you're missing some of the above), we encourage you to apply.
Bounteous is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to Bounteous. Bounteous does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Bounteous is willing to sponsor eligible candidates for employment visas.
For employment opportunities based in Canada:
Bounteous is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Bounteous. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.