HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc
Description: HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc.
(HELIX), a growing, employee-owned California-based environmental consulting and planning firm, is currently seeking as-needed archaeologists for our Cultural Resources Division in southern California. HELIX provides CEQA/NEPA, biological, cultural resource management, habitat restoration, regulatory permitting, environmental compliance monitoring, acoustics and noise control, air quality and greenhouse gas, and GIS services to both the public and private sectors.
As-Needed Archaeologist responsibilities may include records searches and background research, field surveys, excavation (testing and data recovery), construction monitoring, lab work (cleaning, sorting, and cataloging artifacts), and assistance with report and Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) 523 form preparation. Candidates must be comfortable with strenuous hiking and working in remote/desert areas, sometimes for extended periods; be knowledgeable of the archaeology and culture history of California; be self-motivated and possess strong organizational, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills. Candidates must be willing to work independently and must have a positive attitude. Projects are located throughout Southern California, with particular emphasis on San Diego, Riverside, and Orange counties. Please provide a detailed resume or curriculum vita demonstrating your project experience and how you meet the requirements and additional skills noted above.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, family status, or veteran status.
#archaeology #fieldsurveys #archaeologist #anthropology #culturalresources
. Requirements: Minimum Requirements:
Additional skills considered a plus:
- A minimum of one year of experience doing field surveys, excavation or construction monitoring at an academic or professional level
- Must be currently enrolled in (or have previously completed) college-level classes in anthropology, archaeology, history of California, or closely related field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the archaeology and culture history of California
- Ability to identify artifacts and cultural features
- Possess a valid California Driver's License and 3 years clean driving record
- Ability to do strenuous hiking and work full days in remote/desert areas
- Possess excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or closely related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Southern California archaeology highly preferred
- City of San Diego-qualified monitor
- Experience in preparing DPR forms
- Experience with GPS equipment
- Willingness to travel and stay overnight