To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Products and TechnologyJob DetailsWhat you'll be doing…
Do you want to shape how data will change the world? Are you passionate about making data work more human-centered and humane? Are you excited about a company that builds software to augment human intelligence? As a Senior User Researcher for Analytics, you will be a central driver in developing experiences that empower people to see and understand data. You will also join a stellar user research team with opportunities for professional growth, mentorship, and collaboration.Who we are…
The Analytics User Research Group leads efforts to make fast, easy, and beautiful analytical experiences possible for every user across Tableau and Tableau CRM. We are responsible for continuously evolving how analytics are built, designed, and used across organizations and within workflows. We anticipate changes in work, technology, and society in order to innovate and build new experiences that make data meaningful and actionable for new groups of users and at scale. We are also experts in augmented analytics and AI-powered applications and the ethics and responsibilities that accompany these technologies. Our group provides the data tools and pipelines powering visual analytics for Salesforce as well as the autonomous, predictive, and prescriptive insights that fuel our CRM customers and the broader Tableau Community. Who you are...
You are a seasoned researcher that will leverage your knowledge and technical prowess to help define the future of analytics for Salesforce, Tableau CRM (formerly Einstein Analytics), and Tableau. You will help individuals and organizations unlock the full potential of their data by removing barriers to analyzing data, answering questions, creating and publishing visualizations, and sharing insights. You will develop a deep knowledge of user workflows and motivations, and your research might uncover the most impactful role for AI within analytical workflows or the barriers to self-service analytics within organizations.
You are excellent at communicating insights to both leadership and feature teams to help drive analytics strategy and create experiences that customers need and love. You are also able to deliver uncomfortable truths about the product or strategy when that is required. You help teams develop empathy and see the world through the customer's eyes. You have an innate curiosity to learn about others that makes you an especially good researcher and collaborator. In close partnership with Design and Engineering, you will use your mixed methods expertise to define research problems and build research plans that address their most pressing questions about our customers, products, and business. Some job responsibilities include…
- Develop a user research agenda for your areas and shape the prioritization of research within those areas.
- Work on fast-paced projects, requiring attention to detail, working within constrained timelines, and strong collaboration with cross-functional teams (UX designers, visual designers, user researchers, technical writers, product managers, and engineering) throughout the planning and development life cycle.
- Develop and execute user research studies using appropriate quantitative and qualitative methods to produce tactical, strategic, actionable, and durable insights that inform design and development.
- Lead analyses that triangulate telemetry and qualitative data, developing mixed methods approaches to understanding our users.
- Influence decision-making through effective presentation of findings, including the creation of customer-centered narratives to frame problems and highlight the business value of potential solutions.
- Develop and share expertise related to how people create, share, manage, and utilize data visualizations, dashboards, machine learning models, and advanced analytics within organizations.
- Be a strategic partner with your leadership team and key executives across the business to help shape long-term vision by identifying and advocating for opportunities to delight and better serve our customers through new features, strategic directions, and user experience improvements.
- Build and shape our user research team's tools and practices to scale our impact and create durable insights across the organization.
- Find and attract user research talent.
Required skills and experience…
- You are Educated in a Relevant Field. Masters or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Communication, Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Information Science, or related field.
- You are Experienced. 5 or more years' experience conducting user research plus a strong portfolio of shipping software products. Demonstrated ability to plan, design, execute, and communicate both strategic and tactical research engagements, structure and lead internal and external workshops, and analyze the outcomes to provide insight for stakeholders. Excellent project management, communication, and presentation skills.
- You are Technical. You are curious about technology and can dive into complex or unfamiliar topics. Bonus: Experience working in enterprise software, analytics, databases, or cloud services is a plus.
- You are Knowledgeable. Deep knowledge of best practices for UX design principles, and expert understanding of user research methodologies (both qualitative and quantitative).
- You are Analytical. Hands-on experience analyzing data and using analytic software products or relevant programming languages. You love understanding data, patterns and trends. Numbers are your friends. You can dig into the details but always see the big picture. Familiarity with basic statistical methods and concepts, and experience using one or more Tableau or Tableau CRM products is desirable. (Tableau Desktop, Tableau Prep Builder and Conductor, Tableau Server, Tableau Online, Tableau CRM (formerly Einstein Analytics), Einstein Discovery, etc.).
- You are Collaborative. You thrive in a collaborative environment and have experience working with multidisciplinary or cross-functional agile teams (e.g. design, product management, engineering).
- You are Persuasive. You have great communication and interpersonal skills. You can clearly communicate ideas, effectively present research insights as compelling narratives to a variety of audiences, and generate persuasive written and multimedia reports. Proven track record influencing product direction and strategy with actionable insights.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.