114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
UX Service Designer
The Consumer Card and Bank Experience Design team at Capital One is at the forefront of enriching our customers' digital and physical experiences. We're passionate about creating seamless customer experiences across credit card products, bank accounts, and all other Capital One touchpoints. We champion a thriving environment of collaboration, authenticity, and healthy critique, in which we honor diversity of thought, create a culture of belonging, and elevate one another. If you're an innovator and storyteller who embraces an environment where you can experiment, learn, and change banking for good, we'd love to hear from you.
* About the Role: *
We're seeking a *UX Service Designer *to join the Acquisitions & Welcome Experiences team. If you are someone with in-depth Service Design knowledge and experience within Systems Design, Business Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design or Interaction Design, this could be the role for you. This is a role that entails design of a comprehensive, cross platform experience, and we seek someone who is customer-centered in their approach, and who maintains empathy for customers at every level.
You will play a pivotal role in helping customers open and set up their accounts for success through the life of their relationship with Capital One. You have proven experience in leading a project, creating the approach and program governance, managing scope and ambiguous project boundaries. You understand what it takes to build something truly desirable for customers, viable for the business and operationally and technically feasible.
In this role, you'll be orchestrating the work of other designers and engaging regularly with various tech and product teams and other stakeholders across the organization. So, communication and documentation of your work are key here. You are a team player who thrives in a collaborative environment. You're a good, honest partner who doesn't hold back in seeking input and insights from others while offering constructive criticism and sharing your knowledge openly. You're an innovator and storyteller who embraces an environment where you can experiment, learn, and change banking for good.We are passionate about human centered design methods advocating for user needs and delivering world-class products that redefine our customers day-to-day financial activities.
** What You'll Do: **
You'll be asked to handle a variety of responsibilities, including:
*Collaboration & Connection*
* Collaborating with technology, product, and business teams to uncover customer and business needs - then translating them into intuitive and engaging digital experiences
* Participating in translating complex ideas into understandable concepts that evolve and enhance the product experience
* Advocating for the customer through human centered design methodologies (like design research, service blueprinting, collaborative work session design and facilitation, rapid prototyping, and frameworking) to strategically define ideal banking experiences across in-person and digital touchpoints
* Creating and facilitating design-led workshops to engage and build alignment across different partners and teams
* Championing prioritization of design-centered product enhancements grounded in research and analysis, such as design thinking and service design methodologies
* Connecting with design community peers by learning, sharing, and teaching
*Discovery & Delivery*
* Supporting early product definition by working with partners to participate in discovery sessions that uncover customer pain points and opportunities
* Demonstrated interest and aptitude in service design methods
* Participate in end-to-end product and experience design by:
* Working with researchers to understand customer needs and define opportunities through usability and empathy studies
* Blueprinting existing and new digital and in-person experiences, identifying opportunities and solutions for improvement and experimentation
* Creating process and user flows, journey maps and interaction models, resulting in low to high fidelity prototypes, artifacts, and tools
* Designing within existing - and creating new - standards to contribute to our internal design system, best practices, and guidelines
* Supporting effective storytelling and presentation of visual concepts to various stakeholders
* Partnering in creating high fidelity design assets for acceptance, development, and delivery to market in partnership with technology colleagues
** Basic Qualifications: **
* At least 5 years of experience with user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design
* At least 5 years of experience creating prototypes at all levels of fidelity
* At least 3 years of experience with service design methodologies and defining product requirements.
* At least 3 years of experience designing digital products or omni-channel services
* Master's degree in Design or Master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction
* Background in Psychology, Anthropology or Sociology
* Experience with standard digital design tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, InVision, etc.)
* A proven record of coordinating a team to deliver a vision or strategy you've helped articulate.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.