Job Identification : 105177
Job Category : Product Development
Job Locations :
Burlington, MA, United States
As User Experience Researcher, you'll contribute to the redesign of clinical trial software through bias-free, meaningful research. The data will be used to drive the innovation of products and services as we modernize the entire Clinical Trial industry. When your friends ask you what you do, you'll be able to say, you're helping people live longer or at least more comfortably!
You will use your education and experience to build usability test plans that get at the heart of the user's experience and identify any opportunities to make the experience optimal. You'll share the outcomes of the research to provide impactful insights that our Design, Product Management, Strategy, Development and Management Teams will use to make better decisions. You'll use your vision to see the north star that we're trying to get to, and your attention to detail will measure our progress towards that destination. You'll also run our new online community and ensure it's a growing and thriving resource for our customers.
You will need a formal training on how to craft and execute excellent usability testing. You'll engage your strong sense of compassion for users. You will be driven by curiosity. You will have a keen eye for detail as you evaluate the designs of the UX team. You must be highly adaptable to change and demonstrate both the ability and flexibility to navigate between high level strategy and get-it-done tactical execution. This position reports into the Vice President of User Experience.
At Oracle Health Sciences, we work collaboratively as a team. We boldly strive for perfection and do not settle for "just OK." We are curious and committed to continuous self-improvement. We are data-driven. We are kind to each other. We believe that diversity in thought leads to the best outcomes.
Here's what you'll do:
- Partner with Design and Product Management to identify the user goals of a product and build a plan to get the data we need to ensure we've met our goals. Identify specific things that can be done to make the experience even better.
- Then conduct 1:1 research with our end-users to collect unbiased, generalizable data. (eventually some travel will be available). Extract deep insight into the data your gathered through thoughtful analyses.
- Develop and implement communication plans that helps the entire organization learn from the patterns in the data.
- Develop a network of partners, building positive relationships to facilitate getting things done.
- Drive enrollment in the User Experience Research program.
- Lead the online community of users for Clinical One (and other products); growing engagement in the community and adding new content that will be valuable to our user base.
- Work with the HSGBUnity team to ensure that all research programs are equitably available to a diverse team of global users and embed equity and belonging in each research project.
- Continuously strive to improve the craft of research at Oracle Health Sciences.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree (Master of Science preferred) Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in building and conducting end user research.
- Ideally, you'll have conducted research in multiple countries - especially Asia.
- Know the strengths and shortcomings of various research methods, and when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- You have a strong analytical mind. You won't just report what people said. You'll generate insights from their behaviors, ratings, comments, and emotions.
- Passion for learning and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry preferred but not required.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- An opportunity to change the world
- On-site cafeteria or catered lunches.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through United Health (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- Our match of your 401K contribution vests immediately.
- A suite of Oracle-paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability.
- Voluntary legal assistance and financial planning.
- Competitive vacation policy.
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It's when everyone's voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what's been done before. That's why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.