Job DescriptionOur Mission:
Explore. Play. ConnectVision:
To provide world class customer service so every guest can walk away with a unique Colorado experience.Start Date: June/July/August 2021Please only apply if you live in or can regularly commute to the Denver area. All our tours leave from Denver.
Aspire Tours (aspire-tours.com) is a local, fast growing company with a great culture.
We are looking for tour guides to help us share Colorado with others. You should be confident, mature, open-minded and have a great sense of humor. Solid organizational skills, great communication, and problem solving skills are required. Natural leaders and a team players that are flexible, curious, and great listeners. Have a love for Colorado, the outdoors, and you are a people person. You are reliable, intuitive and know how to act under pressure and high stress situations. This is an amazing job opportunity to be outside, connect with people from all over the world and make good money. If you love to work hard and have fun at the same time this is the job for you.Responsibilities
- Lead a diverse range of half and full day tours (hiking and sightseeing). Most of the time will be spent working alone with clients.
- Give interpretive commentary about the specific areas, including history, geology, general ecology, and current happenings.
- Safely transport clients in upscale passenger vans
- Meet/exceed industry standard protocol when managing clients in various outdoor and urban environments.
- Provide professional appearance and conduct with all clients, colleagues, and partner organizations.
- Submit required paperwork after each tour
- Comfortable driving 14-passenger vans in all conditions (city streets under heavy traffic/mountain roads).
- Resident of Colorado
- Good story teller
- College degree or equivalent life experience
- Responsible, independent, creative-thinking, self-starting, charismatic individual
- Team player
- Able to connect with individuals from various backgrounds, physical fitness, age groups and cultures.
- Clean driving record
- Ability to lift 30 lbs/18 kg.
- DOT physical (minor physical)
- Background Check
- Minimum 1 year of experience as an educator and/or interpretive guide.
- Experience working in customer service, hospitality.
- Experience in leadership development, team building, and/or group facilitation.
- Knowledge of naturalist specialties which may include: anthropology, birding, botany, geology, or glaciology.
- We pay a set rate per tour.
- Generous tips from customers.
- Opportunities for growth within the company for those who qualify.
- On-the-job training and education.
- Industry discounts on services, equipment, and clothing.
Interested candidates should provide a resume, cover letter, and 3 references.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary/Seasonal, Contractors
Company DescriptionConnecting people with places, creating meaningful ways to explore, and offering a chance to play in both the city and mountains, Aspire Tours provides world-class service as one of the top tour operators in Colorado. This Denver-based, family-owned company specializes in unique and authentic Colorado adventures for individuals, groups and corporate outings. Founded by Kathrin Troxler in 2014 and expanded into a collection of like-minded individuals with a passion for the outdoors, Aspire's boutique approach to experiential tourism makes it easy to tailor each outing to the group whether it's on the trail, road, slope or just off the beaten path.