ECORP Consulting, Inc. is seeking a qualified, experienced, and dynamic senior-level archaeologist for our Northern and Southern California practices. This position may be located in any of our California offices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- serving as a Principal Investigator on projects throughout California;
- providing mentorship and leadership to mid-level and junior staff;
- coordinating project tasks to meet cost and schedule objectives;
- supervising and participating in field and laboratory work;
- supervising groups of Senior, Staff, Associate, and Assistant Archaeologists;
- authoring cultural resources technical reports;
- developing new business from referrals from new and/or existing clients and assisting with marketing efforts;
- preparing cultural resources proposals and assisting with the preparation of multidisciplinary proposals;
- assisting the Group Manager and/or Department Director with supervision and review of department staff members;
- advising clients and agencies on compliance matters;
- serving as a tribal liaison; and
- training staff in cultural resource project/task completion and reviewing work of other team members.
Minimum requirements include:
- a master’s or doctorate degree in anthropology or archaeology;
- a minimum of 10 years of experience in environmental and cultural resources management consulting in California;
- Registered Professional Archaeologist (or ability to become certified as such upon hire);
- ability to carry out fieldwork and/or construction monitoring, which may require periodic travel and work in extreme or challenging physical environments;
- ability to function effectively in a fast-paced team environment but also to work independently;
- a strong working knowledge of the federal and state regulatory settings;
- proven ability to senior author cultural resource management reports; and
- knowledge of the prehistory, history, archaeology, and ethnography of California.
The following qualities and skills are highly desired:
- demonstrated experience serving as a consultant in an advisory capacity to clients;
- project management experience, including a proven ability to be on time and on budget;
- excellent problem-solving skills, particularly in complex CRM projects;
- ability to communicate effectively in writing and through oral presentations; and
- strong organizational skills and work ethic.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program. If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our website at http://www.ecorpconsulting.com to learn more about our company.
ECORP is an EEO Employer