Do you love to see children smiling because of the work you do? If you do, this might be the job for you! Creative Discovery Museum is one of the top children's museums in the country and is a vital educational resource across our region. We provide an array of diversity to not only our incoming learners but also amongst our team.
The Evaluation Manager will lead the implementation of consistent and sustainable evaluation processes to understand the effectiveness of exhibits, the success of education programs, audience preferences, and the impact of Museum programs and exhibits on visitors. This position will also work closely with the External Affairs department in support of marketing and fundraising efforts including the development of evaluation tools to fulfill grant requirements and the collection of demographic and other marketing research data.Perks!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Located in the heart of Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Employees and their families are valued.
- Set schedules posted in advance.
- The added bonus of providing a positive experience for children!
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Propose, plan, and implement evaluation projects that help advance the Museum's goals and measure the impact and effectiveness of exhibits and programs.
- Collaborate with cross-departmental teams to integrate outcomes-based assessment into the exhibit and program design.
- Collaborate with External Affairs department to determine appropriate impact and outcome measurements to meet grant requirements and assist with all impact/outcomes reporting requirements.
- Conduct and build on previous impact-focused evaluations to demonstrate the effectiveness and benefits of the Museum to stakeholders and donors.
- Design and administer appropriate evaluation methods and tools appropriate to the project, including evaluation questionnaires, observations, interviews and focus group facilitation.
- Design, administer, and tabulate survey data (including annual visitor satisfaction and marketing surveys) to support the Museum's marketing and development efforts.
- Conduct formative, remedial, and summative evaluation of new and renovated exhibits for the current Museum renovation (now through early 2023).
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data and create reports and presentations based on findings.
- Create effective ways to share data internally in order for it to be incorporated into exhibit and program designs.
- Lead monthly cross-departmental team meetings aimed at linking the museum's Learning Framework, intended impacts, best practices in evaluation, and fundraising efforts.
- Work with staff to create a culture of evaluation through all departments.
- Lead evaluation training for staff and volunteers.
- Foster relationships with regional higher education institutions, including recruitment for ongoing internships.
- Supervise Spring, Summer, and Fall evaluation interns.
- Collaborate with other non-profit organizations to improve evaluation capacity in the Chattanooga community.
- Competency in preparing evaluation reports, data visualization techniques, and analyzing data required.
- Capacity to use an array of research tools, survey platforms, and statistical software.
- Background in early childhood or working with children preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Familiarity with database software, such as Salesforce. (preferred)
- Be an outgoing person who enjoys talking with museum visitors and be able to facilitate conversations without leading responses.
- Self-starter who has excellent time management skills and takes initiative.
- Thinks outside the box to make methodology fun and interactive when appropriate.
- Available occasional weekends and evenings.
- Master's degree in museum studies, sociology, psychology, anthropology, statistics, education theory, or a related field of the humanities or social sciences is preferred.
- Experience conducting evaluation with children and families.
- Museum floor and office environment.
- Standing and walking on the Museum floor for extended periods
- Some lifting of supplies
The Creative Discovery Museum is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive environment that values and supports diversity and equality among staff, volunteers, and all of its audiences. Job Posted by ApplicantPro