We are seeking a Vice President of Social Strategy
to develop creative briefs and roadmaps for the global Microsoft account--with a particular focus on digital, social and influencer workstreams, across Surface, M365 and Xbox.
Assembly Media Inc. is a subsidiary of Daniel J. Edelman Holdings, Inc. Built to thrive amid the full complexity of today's modern marketing, Edelman is the world's largest independent communications agency. We help some of the world's most famous companies evolve, promote and protect their brands through a wide range of solutions, including performance marketing, e-commerce, digital transformation, newsroom strategy and execution, influencer, crisis and much, much more. Our honors range from Cannes Lions for creativity to the Holmes Report for the 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year and five times as Glassdoor's "Best Places to Work." Our success comes from our smart, passionate and curious people, who tell great stories and solve complex business problems day in and day out.
At Assembly, we help Microsoft bring to life its mission: to help every person on the planet achieve more. We are experts in the products and offerings and tasked with helping them think beyond the product roadmap to find the best way to bring their unique stories to broad audiences.THE JOB:
This is an opportunity for you to advise Assembly account, creative teams and clients on digital insights, strategy, and new ways of thinking and building actionable campaigns on digital platforms.
You, the strategic planner, will strengthen partnerships with clients by presenting research-based insights that inform earned-centric campaigns that reach the right audiences.
Part researcher, part cultural observer and anthropologist, part storyteller, part digital strategist, part platform expert, and part creative shepherd. You're the glue that connects account and creative. You tie our campaigns to the audience by answering the fundamental "whys" and providing consumers with realistic reasons to believe in our clients' work.
Anyone can research, "Google it," or use a social platform. It takes a special kind of person to synthesize all of the facts, analyze them, pull them apart, create a keen insight based on facts, data, insights and instincts, and reconnect them to culture and human truths to create a solid campaign or strategic point of view that also solves a client's business problem. That's the kind of thinking we're looking for. EXPECTATIONSIn this role, you'll:
- • Understand both the art of storytelling and the science of data. You'll produce and distill vast amounts of research and push yourself to find a creative, clever, and fascinating perspective on a client challenge in the digital space.
- • Can confidently back up your observations, big, bright ideas and killer insights by connecting them to culture, context, the competitive landscape and digital / social behavior.
- • Connect human truths to business problems to creative strategic recommendations that solve business problems and translate them into compelling creative briefs.
- • Artfully develop actionable and informative insights by working with primary research partners.
- • Focus on identifying critical issues, trends and opportunities for clients and their consumers in their respective sector or space.
- • Understand consumer behavior, human truths and behavior to create campaign messaging and cadence as well as inform content types.
- • Are insatiably curious about digital, technology, social and paid, as well as how they affect consumers across industries like tech, retail, healthcare and consumer.
- • Can easily develop an understanding of the client's business environment and strategy.
- • Can perform competitive analysis and identify gaps and opportunities in the marketplace.
- • Have no problem assembling elegant strategic insights into presentations for senior-level leaders and clients.
- • Confidently take client assignments and build creative briefs as well as go-to-market influencer and social media strategies.
- • You are an evangelist for planning, happy to advance internal knowledge sharing across the network and help evolve creative and strategic ambition at large.
- • Measure success by creating effective creative briefs that solve both business problems / challenges and reveal the strength of your thinking and insight in the end creative result.
- • The strategic planner must have at least 8 years of relevant experience in research, advertising, management consulting, editorial / media and publishing an ad, digital or PR agency or publisher.
- • EXCELLENT writing and presentation skills.
- • You're a masterful and diplomatic collaborator. Ideally you'll have worked across an agency with many stakeholders and teams, including account and analytics.
- • You are skilled at participating in, and leading, strategic discussions both internally and with clients.
- • Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
- • Must be a self-starter who's comfortable solving problems independently. You actively seek solutions and efficiencies.
- • Must have a true and dear love for HBR, Warc, Nieman Lab, Fast Co, eMarketer, and similar resources.
- • Strong proficiency with research, digital analytics tools and social platform for business experience preferred.
- • Experience managing direct reports preferred.
- • Multicultural experience preferred.
- • Gamers or experience with gaming preferred.