Executive Office Coordinator
National Association located in Arlington has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Executive Office Coordinator. This position supports the Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director, and Development Director. The Executive Office coordinator is also responsible for coordinating the national awards program. Candidate should have some experience working in the nonprofit sector and have excellent communication and organizational skills. Duties will include, but are not limited to, drafting letters, taking minutes, tracking correspondence and deadlines, scheduling appointments, making and tracking travel plans, answering phones, filing, and assisting with the organizations development activities. Notary Public license or willingness to become a Virginia Notary Public a plus. Hours are flexible within the normal business day and partial telework is offered. Great staff and benefits and convenient location to metro.
E-mail Resume and cover letter to email@example.com or apply online at this link. No phone calls please.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
- Maintain Executive Director’s calendar
- Coordinate and arrange Executive Director’s travel and external commitments, prepare pre-trip travel folders and travel reimbursement paperwork
- Process executive office invoices and monitor budget related to these and other expenses
- Open Executive Director’s mail and respond, route and/or file as required
- Compose letters and other written communications for signature and ensure appropriate dissemination and follow-up
- Routine administrative support such as ordering supplies, filing, etc.
- Answer Executive Director’s phone as needed
- Support Executive Director’s participation in major fund-raising campaign activities
- Draft and distribute final minutes of staff meetings
- Assist with Executive Board and other committee/commission meetings
- Provide Conference Room technology set-up and troubleshooting
- Assist with other projects as needed and other duties as assigned
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE DEPUTY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CFO:
- Schedule conference calls and meetings
- Draft minutes for committee meetings/calls
- Provide administrative support for the Summer Internship Program
- Implement the Spot Award program
- Order Employee Service Awards (and coordinate presentation)
- Coordinate food requirement for staff meetings and events
- Open Deputy Executive Director’s mail and respond, route and/or file as required
- Coordinate awards program; set up, monitor, and oversee AAA Awards applications through Kaleidoscope platform
- Assist other staff with the Kaleidoscope platform as needed
- Assist with other departmental projects as assigned.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT:
- Assist the Director of Development with meetings, projects, and development support:
- Mail donor acknowledgment letters
- Maintain the Development web page
- Assist with preparation of donor lists for publications
- Assist with direct mailings for Annual campaign
- Support organization of and preparation for prospect meetings, donor events at the Annual Meeting, Stewardship and cultivation events.
- Update constituent information in the database as needed (mall and email)
- Help schedule committee meetings
- Oversee the annual AAA Calendar
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience required, some college-level anthropology coursework a plus.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in an executive administrative
position. Program and/or Project management experience. Experience in a
membership association and event planning preferred.
- Skills and Abilities: Superlative organizational and written / verbal communication skills required. Ability to multi-task. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), familiar with Association Management System software, a quick learner on additional software platforms (e.g., video conference setup, bibliographic databases, collaborative workspaces [One Drive / SharePoint], Adobe Acrobat, Word Press). Multi-lingual candidates encouraged to apply