Working Title Recruitment and Enrollment Coordinator
Position Location Fort Collins, CO
Research Professional Position No
Posting Number 202100609AP
Position Type Admin Professional/ Research Professional
Classification Title Prof/Indiv Contrib II
Number of Vacancies
Work Hours/Week 40
Proposed Annual Salary Range 50,000-57,000
Colorado State University ( CSU ) is committed to providing employees with a strong and competitive benefits package that supports you, your health, and your family. Visit CSU's Human Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for permanent full-time and part-time faculty and administrative professional employees in the following University benefit areas. https://hr.colostate.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2021/01/benefits-summary-afap.pdf.
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 06/27/2021
Description of Work Unit
The College of Liberal Arts ( CLA ) is one of eight colleges at Colorado State University and is home to some of the most influential creators and innovators on campus. CLA houses twelve departments: Anthropology; Art and Art History; Communication Studies; Economics; English; Ethnic Studies; History; Journalism and Media Communication; Languages, Literatures and Cultures; Philosophy; Political Science; and Sociology. The College is also home to the School of Music, Theatre and Dance and three interdisciplinary programs: International Studies, Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts, and Women and Gender Studies.
The Recruitment & Enrollment Coordinator is the College of Liberal Arts' leader in all aspects of undergraduate recruitment, and is instrumental in creating and advancing the College's strategic recruitment plan. The Recruitment & Enrollment Coordinator is the face of the College and the first point of contact for prospective undergraduates and their families. The Recruitment & Enrollment Coordinator advises individual CLA departments on best recruitment and enrollment practices and provides guidance to departments in setting enrollment goals. The position works with CSU's Office of Admissions to align the College's recruitment goals with that of the University. The Recruitment & Enrollment Coordinator develops and implements recruitment events, including college-specific events that accompany Admissions visit day programming, and organizes participation from departments and programs. The Recruitment & Enrollment Coordinator works with prospective students and families to inform about CLA academic programs, connect them to department faculty, and to elucidate the college search process. The Recruitment & Enrollment Coordinator develops and maintains data and creates and manages information systems to track recruitment efforts. As part of the enrollment portion of the position, the Recruitment & Enrollment Coordinator works with departments to determine effective yield and melt strategies. The Recruitment & Enrollment Coordinator directs the CLA Ambassador program, supervising and providing professional development for three coordinator positions and a team of additional volunteer ambassadors. As part of CSU's land-grant mission, the position works to recruit from underrepresented populations, including students of color and first-generation students. The position also works to increase the enrollment of high-achieving undergraduates.
Required Job Qualifications
Please address minimum and preferred qualifications in your cover letter.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a liberal arts major (arts, humanities, social science), or related area.
- At least three years of experience coordinating and managing recruitment and enrollment activities for undergraduate students.
- Excellent communication skills demonstrated by cover letter and experience in public speaking.
- Experience working directly with undergraduate students
- Experience working with admissions office at a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- Experience working with underrepresented populations, including first generation students, students with high financial need, and students of color.
- Must have a valid driver's license or the ability to obtain a driver's license or access to a licensed driver by the employment start date.
Preferred Job Qualifications
Please address minimum and preferred qualifications in your cover letter.
- Master's degree in student affairs or similar area of study.
- Spanish bilingual skills.
- Ability to articulate the value of a liberal arts education demonstrated in the cover letter.
- Ability to show initiative and independence, as well as ability to function well in an atmosphere that promotes teamwork, demonstrated by past work experience/s.
- Experience collecting data and using it to inform decision making.
- Proficiency using technology, such as Excel and Access, and student information systems, such as Banner and Slate, that contributes to a data-driven recruiting environment.
- Experience leading a team of students, including training, professional development, and mentorship.
- Work in a college of liberal arts or in recruiting for liberal arts majors/programs.
Demonstrated knowledge of, and relevant ability with, culturally diverse communities among potential target and constituent populations.
Job Duty Category Strategic Recruitment Planning and Implementation
- Working with the Dean, the Associate Dean for Academic Programs, and the Director of Communications, create and annually revise college strategic recruitment goals.
- Educate individual CLA departments on best recruitment practices and provide guidance in setting department-level recruitment goals.
- Work with Director of Communications in CLA and the Director of Marketing Communications in the Office of Admissions to create, implement, and maintain college and department-specific messaging to all prospective students and families.
- Collaborate with the CLA communications team on recruitment materials, social media, and web content.
- Working closely with CSU Office of Admissions, align the College's recruitment goals with that of the University and create a deeper understanding of CLA's programs across the University.
- Coordinate CLA involvement (including depts) in CSU's undergraduate recruiting events, including CSU sponsored Visit Days.
- Plan college-specific programming for in-person and virtual visit days and other recruitment opportunities on and off campus.
- Plan, produce, and deliver presentations to prospective students and their families at CSU and regionally.
- Working with the Access Center, develop a plan to engage students from minoritized and underrepresented backgrounds.
- Develop and manage information systems to track recruitment efforts.
- Serve as the college representative on the University Admissions Advisory Council, a monthly meeting of college recruitment leaders.
- Meet weekly with the Director of Communications and semesterly with the College Dean and Associate Dean for Academic Programs to review strategies, report on activities, and present analytics.
- Provide guidance to and collaborate with department representatives on recruitment related initiatives in the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance and Art & Art History who have recruitment staff positions.
- Manage recruitment budget.
Percentage Of Time 50%
Job Duty Category Prospective Student and Family Engagement
- Serve as the College's first point of contact for all prospective undergraduate students and families and make decisions about how to best promote the College to students.
- Provide excellent and timely customer service to prospective students and their families including coordination of individualized visits that may include college and department tours, one-on-one meetings with faculty, and classroom visits.
- Be available to answer queries from students and families via phone, email, and text during the workday and often during evenings and weekends.
- Communicate the value of a liberal arts education to a variety of constituents (e.g. students and their families, faculty, professional staff, and other stakeholders).
- Attend recruitment events aimed at strategic and selective audiences (e.g. events focused on our Music and Art programs, Boettcher Scholars, and Honors).
- Assist with student-oriented events including Orientation, Ram Welcome, Homecoming, and Commencement.
Percentage Of Time 30%
Job Duty Category Lead CLA Ambassadors
- Closely supervise and provide leadership development for three ambassador coordinator positions who receive Liberal Arts scholarships.
- Lead a team of twelve or more additional volunteer ambassadors.
- Working with ambassador coordinators, set academic year goals and supervise the implementation of plans for the ambassador team.
- Lead annual recruitment and selection process for the CLA student ambassadors.
- Organize and run team-building activities, service-learning projects, and leadership opportunities prior to the beginning of the fall semester and throughout the academic year.
- Plan and run bi-weekly meetings.
- Organize ambassador participation in CSU recruitment events.
- Manage the CLA Ambassador budget.
Percentage Of Time 20%
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply, please submit a cover letter which addresses the minimum and preferred qualifications, a resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Valid Driver's License, Travel, Special Requirements/Other - Use of own vehicle
Search Contact Beth Etter email@example.com
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity (https://oeo.colostate.edu/) is located in 101 Student Services.
The Acting Title IX Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO. 80523-0160, (970) 491-1715, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Minimum Requested 3
Maximum Requested 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter