Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture Interactive, we're able to do work that changes the world and Fjord is always looking for kindred spirits.?Digital is no longer the centerpiece of brand experience; the emphasis is shifting onto how best to use it as an invisible enabler of physical and sensory experiences. As interactions with users evolve from periodic engagements via a screen to consistent, connected experiences, organizations must create new services that are deeply integrated in the physical world.
We are a family of Fjordians , our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.?
At Fjord, the human is always at the center of everything we do. The Design Research practice at Fjord ensures that everything we deliver is grounded in a deep understanding of what matters to the people we are designing for.
The Mixed Methods Design Researcher works with the project team leadership in defining the research track of work; assists with clearly articulating research objectives and approaches; supports the team in executing and analyzing primary research; and develops research materials and key deliverables. They have a tool kit of methodologies and know when it's best to use them depending on the goal and the constraints.
This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world through a powerful empathetic lens of the people we serve.
As a team, we:
- Develop ways to conduct effective primary research through qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Represent Design Research on our teams and in our studios.
- Define the insights and frameworks that keep the human at the center of our design solutions.
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people's lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
A professional in this position, at this level within Accenture has the following responsibilities: ?
- Understand which methodologies are best to answer different client needs and questions.
- Ensure the qualitative work is grounded in a deep and contextual understanding of what matters to the people we are designing.
- Ensure the quantitative work is empirical by nature and obtains statistical rigor when understanding people's behaviors and attitudes.
- Support and help lead design research activities including research planning, fieldwork execution, analysis, synthesis, research story, and deliverables.
- Define design research plans based on relevant research and business objectives.
- Support and help lead design research activities at the project level.
- Support new business development efforts by providing expert information in pitch efforts and client meetings.
- Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador.
- Can collaborate with other strategists and data scientists and collaborate on mixed methods work to bring integrated value to our clients.
These are the minimum requirements for an aspirant to be considered for the position applying to:
- 3+ years' experience in conducting research and participating in all aspects of design research qualitatively and quantitatively (planning, executing, analysis, synthesis, deliverable creation).
- At least a Ma s ter ' s degree or equivalent experience in Design Research or a human behavior related field such as Psychology, Cognitive Science, Sociology, Anthropology, Political Science or similar fields requiring research.
? Preferred Qualifications
- Experience conceptualizing and managing research projects qualitatively and quantitatively from start to finish.
- Proven history of delivering results on time and within budget.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of research: recruiting processes; scheduling and logistics; protocol development; analysis and framework development; video compilations; research deliverables.
- Qualitative research experience may include interviewing, moderating, ethnographic research, contextual interviews, UX/UI research, field studies
- Quantitative research experience may include survey research, synthesizing/analyzing large-scale data, natural language processing corpora or other large text, or experimental design
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with online research tools is a plus.
- Familiarity with R, Python, STATA, SPSS, or any other tool for data analysis.
- Ability to communicate with clients and partners about research methodologies, analyses, and findings
As required by the?Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $55,100 - $104,199 and information on benefits offered is here. (https://www.accenture.com/us-en/careers/your-future-rewards-benefits)
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here (https://www.accenture.com/us-en/about/inclusion-diversity/us-workforce)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement (https://www.accenture.com/_acnmedia/Careers/PDF-9/Accenture-Annual-Policy-Statement-Regarding-EEO-2018-Applicant.pdf) .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email (https://www.accenture.com/us-en/contact-us) or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.