To advance developing countries' journey to self-reliance, the US Agency for International Development (USAID) safeguards people and resources by systematically addressing environmental risk. USAID developed the Environmental Compliance Support (ECOS) contract to provide USAID staff and implementing partners worldwide with technical, educational, and knowledge management assistance to facilitate compliance with 22 CFR 216, Foreign Assistance Act (FAA) Sections 117/118/119, regulatory requirements, and executive order and policy objectives. A single, Agency-wide contract, ECOS offers a consistent, quality approach to environmental compliance; minimizes duplication of systems and effort; facilitates the sharing of lessons learned; reduces compliance risks; and reduces transaction costs of missions and operating units seeking access to environmental compliance and related services.
ICF is seeking an expert in Social Impact Assessments (SIA) to work under the USAID - ECOS project. The SIA expert will work on an environmental compliance project, joining strategic planning conversations, providing USAID with expert advice and high-level insight, and contribute to and/or review specific knowledge products tailored to USAID's needs.
This is a work from home role with preference that the selected candidate reside in the Washington DC Metro area.
- Past experience designing and leading SIAs for various clients, including, but not limited to multi-lateral organizations and donors working in international development.
- Knowledge of best practices around grievance mechanisms, particularly among multi-lateral organizations and donors working in international development
- Extensive work on SIAs or SIA-related projects in developing countries
- Skilled as a high-level technical reviewer
- Excellent writing skills, including in relation to strategic communication, training materials, and manuals as well as conceptualizing frameworks and vision and policy-oriented statements
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in SIA and/or SIA-related, socioeconomic work such as research, evaluation, international development, or corporate social responsibility
- Master's (preferably PhD) in a relevant social science discipline such as anthropology, development studies, economics, geography, public health, public policy, sociology
- Experience with blended assessment approaches, e.g., environmental and social impact assessment (ESIA)
- Knowledge of the history of the assessment context in the United States, including National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) regulations and current developments
- Knowledge of USAID environmental compliance regulations as articulated in ADS204 and Reg216
- Experience conducting USAID Initial Environmental Examinations (IIE)
- Understanding of USAID's interests to improve procedures and processes relating to the consideration and assessment of social impacts
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE - Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy (https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity) .
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated\files/employers/poster\screen\reader\optimized.pdf) and Pay Transparency Statement (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp\English\unformattedESQA508c.pdf) .
DC Remote Office (DC99)Need help? We're here:ICFCareerCenter@icf.com
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.