What We're Looking For
Applies advanced knowledge of the principles and theories of geology, hydrology, chemistry, biology or other related sciences to analyze the potential effects a project may have on the environment and/or the potential effects the environment may have on the design and construction of a project. Participates in complex projects or all levels of project/program difficulty and/or may be responsible for an assigned phase of project or program.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Coordinates with other staff in the collection and analyzing of data obtained at the proposed project site and throughout the course of the project for ongoing updates.
- Prepares technical plans and reports, scopes of work, fee proposals and responses to RFP's for medium to large sized projects.
- Performs wetland evaluations in association w/local, state and federal permitting.
- Prepares local, state and federal permits for public and private clients, including but not limited to acquisition and compliance for wetland impacts, bridge construction.
- Coordinates and interfaces with other project team members during the course of a project.
- Coordinates with clients on a regular basis to complete assigned tasks and to perform quality checks to ensure client requirements are met.
- Identifies and recommends appropriate technical procedures that should be used on a project.
- Performs field work with other technical staff, to collect site specific data as projects require.
- Conducts PD&E and other environmental technical document reviews.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of NEPA process and procedures.
- Working knowledge of dredge and fill, Right-of-Way and general environmental permitting requirements for local, state, federal regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of the FDEP Storage Tank permitting program and environmental permit compliance inspections for FDEP registered storage tank facilities.
- Experience in performing environmental site inspections and evaluations.
- Knowledge of FDOT policies, procedures, and standards is preferred.
- Experience with transportation projects preferred.
- Certified Environmental Professional (CEP) preferred.
- Strong written, oral, and listening communication skills in English.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft personal computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
What You'll Need
- Coordinates with other staff in the collection and analyzing of data obtained at the proposed project site.
- Examines and evaluates present and potential scientific conditions as they relate to the planning, design, and construction of projects.
- Serves as task lead or principal author in the preparation of reports, graphs, and diagrams on scientific aspects relating to specific projects.
- Provides technical support to project managers as situations arise during the construction of project that require scientific assistance.
- Performs on the job review of work being accomplished to ensure the details of construction are in compliance with design criteria and scientific specifications and determines the necessity for additional investigations, studies, or alternate plans or designs.
- Supports the marketing aspects and schedules of new and on-going projects.
- Prepares permits for public and private clients with respect to acquisition and compliance for wetland impacts, bridge construction, threatened/endangered species.
- Assists in organizing, preparation of public meetings.
- Attends various meetings with clients, other engineering firms and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, Archeology, Anthropology or related field
- 8 years related experience
- 6 years related experience (with Master's degree in Natural Sciences)
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
R-05618 Full Time #AJ #EnvironmentalPlanning
At HNTB, we are harnessing the power of collaboration and innovation to establish a new vision for the future of mobility across our country. You don't have to look far to see our impact. For more than a century, HNTB's spark has connected people and places, expanded opportunity, and left a lasting impact on our communities. Our culture of integrity and inclusion, combined with groundbreaking solutions, has affirmed our reputation and positioned our firm as the industry leader in delivering extraordinary value.
When you join HNTB, you are joining an employee-owned firm founded on the values of integrity, collaboration, personal accountability, respect for others, and the development of all employees. We are committed to the continual improvement of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We encourage our employees to bring their whole and authentic selves to work, provide them a meaningful welcoming environment where they are valued, celebrated and respected. Diversity of thought and unique perspectives drives innovation, engagement and retention, which makes HNTB better and brings value to our clients and our communities.
HNTB is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer **.
HNTB does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. We will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).
Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is typically not available for entry level positions.*
- HNTB participates in E-Verify
- Know your rights: Right to Work