*This role is open to remote workers
What You Will Be A Part Of:
Our Bioscience Customer Research group is mix of qualitative and quantitative researchers who are passionate about understanding customer's needs, behaviors and attitudes to develop customer-centric products. The team in Carlsbad, California has an open position for someone to conduct qualitative user research projects. The ideal candidate must be able to lead the design and execution of user-centered research to uncover customer insights that translate into actionable plans aimed at the development of innovative Life Science Research products
What You Will Do
- Design & lead user research: Work with cross-functional teams to design and conduct research to understand customer needs using various methodologies, including field observations, interviews, prototyping, and concept testing
- Lead efforts to synthesize information and uncover customer insights that translate into actionable strategies and uncover white space opportunities for innovation
- Facilitate innovation workshops with multidisciplinary teams to inspire and brainstorm creative solutions
- Map out customer journeys, personas, and use cases to identify opportunities for innovation
- Communicate research insights and recommendations to executive leadership and internal stakeholders in a clear and compelling way.
How You Will Get Here
- A degree in anthropology, psychology, human factors, human-computer interaction is preferred.
- Several years of relevant user/design research experience in a product development environment. Experience using exploratory qualitative research methodologies including, contextual inquiry and ethnographic field studies, one-on-one interviews.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of product development and different development strategies.
- Demonstrable ability to lead user/design research projects, in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles
- Ability to quickly move from blank slate to a well-defined research problem matched with a suitable methodology
- Self-starter who can translate research into action for cross-functional teams.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.