is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy, customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and technology, we leverage our deep industry expertise and leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real world. Our most valuable asset is our people-a fact that's reflected in our values-driven organization in which new perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated. ZSers are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive in industries ranging from healthcare and life sciences, to high-tech, financial services, travel and transportation, and beyond.
Are you passionate about designing for the human experience? Do you have a track record of designing experiences that measurably improve the lives of the people you are designing for? Are you that rare combination of experienced change leader and collaborative, roll-up-the-sleeves team member? If so, the ZS Creative and Design (C&D) team
could be just the place for you to apply and grow your skills.
Creative & Designwas created to enrich and evolve our consulting approaches and offerings. Our clients look to us to design and create engaging experiences for a broad range of B2B or B2C customers including healthcare providers, physicians and patients. In the C&D Studio we use our deep understanding of the overall ecosystem and individual stakeholders to design meaningful interactions and desirable outcomes for customers, while delivering better performance for our clients. C&D is comprised of a diverse team of talented individuals who are on a mission to address the evolving needs of our clients using a human-centered design approach. The C&D team has three areas of focus: Design, Strategic Planning and Creative Expression. As a Senior Experience Designer, you'll be collaborating with various members of the two other teams, as well as a broader team of consultants.SENIOR EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
We seek a Senior Experience Designer in our New York, NY office to work with our clients to conceive and create engaging experiences across channels to ensure interactions are meaningful between customers and brands. If you have a knack for designing meaningful innovation, process improvements and improving customer satisfaction and loyalty through human-centered design practices and seek to contribute in a new and rapidly growing expert team, then we want to speak with you.Responsibilities:
- Design and deliver new products, services and brand experiences that solve customer problems, increase brand value and inspire people;
- Create best-in-class experience design deliverables to articulate customer research insights and craft a broad range of design deliverables including experience maps, user journeys, service blueprints and brand touch-points;
- Partner and collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams through all phases of design process including alignment with client, understanding context, developing insights, exploring and defining opportunities, setting strategy, creating actionable/tangible design expressions, communicating vision, and guiding go-to-market strategies;
- Research and synthesize data, best practices and innovative solutions and apply insights to inform design decisions;
- Elicit requirements through a range of activities from planning and leading stakeholder interviews, working from problem statements, articulating business objectives and asking the right questions in the right ways to inform design thinking processes;
- Produce concept models, sketches, and detailed schematics through cycles of rapid iteration to prototype experiences across mediums and realize a final solution;
- Present design solutions with precision and personality to variety of business stakeholders and internal colleagues;
- Convey strategy and direction through a masterful mix of visual and verbal communication;
- Craft exceptional stories that connect the dots of user needs, concepts, design principles and experience details, both within the team and out to clients;
- Facilitate Design Thinking workshops to support creative collaboration and evangelize customer centricity with clients and colleagues;
- Serve as an active member of the Expertise Center.
- Bachelor's degree required (master's preferred) in design, multimedia, interaction design, human computer interaction, human factors, psychology, anthropology, or a related discipline focused in social science and design communication, with a demonstrated record of academic success;
- Minimum 3 years of experience applying Design Thinking or user centered design methods. Healthcare experience is a plus (work with patients, physicians and other healthcare providers);
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with experience working in all levels of management in obtaining consensus on project requirements and deliverables;
- Well versed in the craft of Experience and/or Service Design Thinking coupled with strengths in visual design;
- Exposure to design research techniques such as ethnography, contextual inquiry, user interviews and usability testing, as well as in-depth practice incorporating findings from research studies into the experience design process;
- Comprehension of standard information architecture and design models; knowledge of healthcare-related taxonomies and ontologies is a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work effectively on several projects simultaneously in a matrixed and fast paced environment;
- Proven capability to balance ideation, conceptual thinking and tactical execution;
- Robust and diverse portfolio featuring human-centered experience design work that led to positive business outcomes;
- Developed business acumen with demonstrated experience in healthcare and program management skills, including scope definition, deadlines, stakeholder management and corporate accountability;
- Ability to travel to client locations (10-25%) to work with teams and provide in-person expertise.
Additionally, we seek individuals with the following personal skills:
MORE ABOUT ZSZS's Business Consulting group
- Curious, results driven confident and committed to professional growth. Candidates will fit well in our team if he/she thrives on playing hard and working hard through consistent challenges and initial ambiguity;
- Can work independently, prioritize time and is quick on his/her feet. She/he will be an active partner with colleagues in formulating business strategies and experience design recommendations;
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen to, and build rapport with study participants, designers and cross-disciplinary project teams;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate design direction and best practices in a clear, compelling way;
- Team oriented, builds strong relationships at every level of the organization and is a dynamic motivator. Can work well in cross-functional teams, including designers, technical teams, product and project managers.
partners with clients to design and deliver solutions to help them tackle a broad range of business challenges. Our teams work on multiple projects simultaneously, leveraging advanced data analytics and problem-solving techniques. Our recommendations and solutions are based on rigorous research and analysis underpinned by deep expertise and thought leadership.
ZS is a global consulting firm; fluency in English is required, additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.
Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a cover letter expressing interest and a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and retirement savings benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE.Connect with ZS on social media:
- Like ZS Careers on Facebook
- Follow ZS Careers on Twitter and Instagram
- Follow ZS on LinkedIn for more job opportunities
- Subscribe to the ZS YouTube channel
- Explore the Life at ZS blog
ZS has been recognized globally for its expertise in consulting and its flexible work environment. View ZS's accolades