D-Ford Senior Design Researcher
Job Description & Qualifications:
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Senior Design Researchers lead the team through a journey of human-centered research to uncover insights that contribute to all phases of the design process. They champion the voice of the users and leverage inspiration to discover hidden opportunities. This role is for a Senior Design Researcher, who is capable of independently driving research and mentoring others. You have extensive experience in a variety of qualitative research methods and tools and on design project work and know the ins and outs of Design Research as a craft.
As a Senior Design Researcher you will...
Plan and Inspire
- Design and plan generative, qualitative research, including identifying target users and experts, analogous companies and services
- Conduct external benchmarking to inform the design research plan
- Develop profiles and screening criteria for research recruiting
- Lead research initiatives for internal projects
Experiment and Think Creatively
- Experiment with different tools and methods to execute on research plans, e.g. co-creation
- Use and help the team use methods such as field observation, analogous research, conversations with experts and extreme users, concept evaluation, and participatory design, to explore the edge of what's possible in the near and far
- Design compelling research experiences that generate actionable insights
- Partner with other disciplines to develop visual aids for research, e.g. flashcards, storyboards
- With the design team, create research stimuli to deeply understand user needs, uncover possibilities, and test assumptions
Facilitate and Synthesize
- Facilitate research events such as co-creation workshops
- Synthesize research findings and unearth systems-level patterns and frameworks
- Help develop creative storytelling tools to enable designing for user goals, values, and aspirations
- Make research findings relevant and impactful for design through a variety of formats such as insights, decks, stories, videos, and experiences
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in sociology, anthropology, psychology, or design
- Five or more years of qualitative research experience culminating in a sound ability to scope a research process, lead fieldwork, conduct interviews and do desk research with minimal supervision
- At least five years of experience?using human-centered design, design thinking principles or methods in a formal, in-person setting
Our preferred requirements:
- Experience in designing and/or facilitating group collaboration workshops.?
- Master's in sociology, anthropology, psychology, design, or another liberal arts?degree
A bit about us
We're in the midst of the biggest change the automotive industry has ever seen.
Just as cars changed the world over the last century - creating the driver, highways, gas stations, and malls - self-driving cars, electric powertrains, and connected vehicles will radically reshape how we live, work, and play, our cities and society themselves, in the next hundred years.
At D-Ford, you'll be at the heart of creating that future. You'll be at the cutting edge of Ford's most strategically critical work, designing people and society's needs into the heart of our next generation of products, services and experiences.
You'll also be designing at scale. Every day, Ford's vehicles and services support millions of people around the world. So, at D-Ford, we're not just inventing the future, we're operationalizing it, to help all those people move through their lives, better.
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Auto req ID:
Ford Motor Company
Enterprise Product Line Management (EPLM)