Mercy College of Health Sciences is a Catholic institution of higher education, rooted in the heritage of the Sisters of Mercy, guided by our core values of knowledge, reverence, integrity, compassion, and excellence.
- SupportsMercy College's mission and philosophy.
- Provides teaching, supervision and evaluation of student learning experiences.
- Provides individual advisement and guidance for intellectual, personal, and professional development of students.
- Collaborates with other faculty, preceptors, field faculty, and clinical agencies to provide optimum learning opportunities for students.
- Develops, implements and revises course content in a limited subject area.
- Serves as mentor to new or inexperienced faculty as appropriate.
- Participates in scholarly activities (e.g., grant writing, research, college projects, publications, creative teaching strategies).
- Participates in and seeks out quality improvement opportunities.
- Contributes to policy formation for the College and/or program.
- Contributes to the well being of the larger communities of neighborhood, city, state, or church by volunteer service or participation.
- Stays abreast of current health science research and trends within teaching responsibility and incorporates information as appropriate in student learning.
- Masters in Anatomy or Anthropology or related field, or earned doctorate appropriate to the teaching responsibility.
- Five years academic teaching preferred and/or professional experience in the teaching responsibility.
- Clinical experience as appropriate to the teaching responsibility (if applicable).
- Current license and/or certification pertinent to the teaching responsibility (if applicable).
- Demonstrated ability in managing, leading or training others.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize appropriate, varied and innovative classroom/clinical field teaching strategies.
- Teaching experience in Human Anatomy, Human Anatomy Lab, Advanced Anatomy and lab, and Histology & Embryology courses preferred.
- Must be local
It is Mercy College of Health Sciences' policy to conduct all academic programs and business activities in a manner that is free from unlawful discrimination and to provide equal opportunity for and equal treatment of students and employees regardless of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion/creed, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability or status as a U. S. veteran or any other factor protected by law. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies may be directed to the Vice President, Enrollment Management and Student Affairs or the Human Resources' Business Partner at 515.643.3180, 928 6 th Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa 50309, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities (https://careers-commonspirit.icims.com/connect?back=intro&in_iframe=1&hashed=-435626305) to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Requisition ID 2021-174979
Employment Type Full Time
Department Mercy College
Hours / Pay Period 80
Standard Hours 8:00-4:30PM
Facility / Process Level : Name Mercy College
Location IA-DES MOINES
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.