The Modern Workplace Transformation team is looking for an extraordinary Senior User Experience Research Program Manager to join our Customer Engagement team.
Our mission is to create industry-relevant critical workflows, empower the world's 2 Billion Firstline workers, and help shape Microsoft's vision for addressing the need for modern collaboration tools in healthcare, retail, manufacturing, financial services and other specialized industries. Customer engagement is at the heart of what we do: we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
Our culture is inclusive, casual, and high energy. This is a fantastic opportunity to talk to and learn from customers, and work with brilliant technical minds. Most of all, we are motivated by the desire to create product experiences people will love and that empowers them.
In this role you will be responsible for working closelywith globally distributed multi-disciplinary product teams in the planning, development, andexecutionof Modern Workplace Transformation innovations. You'll work closely with UX Designers, program managers, other user researchers, data science, and engineering teams to ensure that we're addressing the most critical business and technology objectives as well as user needs and opportunities. You will be focused on driving engagement with customers and conducting research to guide near and long-term investments. You will leverage your mixed research method skills to gain a deep understanding of industry scenarios, challenges, workflows, personas and business opportunities.
The scope of the role includes engaging with Microsoft customers as their key contact for our new experiences. You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding customer engagement experience to our business customers.
This is a high impact and cross functional role that requires working across many levels of product management. The ideal candidate should be an avid problem solver and team player. You should have excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with a collaboration mindset.
- Define product and audience direction and impact and the engineering roadmap using market and customer data (qualitative and quantitative).
- Key to this accountability will be identifying opportunities for growth, gaps and customer pain points, as well as potential customer delighters.
- Build and execute impactful research plan(s) that provide the broad market views and deep customer insights needed to impact strategy and UX.
- Derive insights from quantitative and qualitative data, complementing other research that you will conduct on your own or in partnership with other researchers.
- Define and measure UX approaches, metrics, and work with core stakeholders on research planning. Innovate and develop new approaches to measure user's experiences.
- Land impact broadly from your customer-focused knowledge by working across multiple organizations and their respective engineering, design and marketing teams.
- Act internally as a customer advocate.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations.
- 5 years of experience in the technology industry conducting User research, with a proven track record of driving tangible outcomes with product teams.
- Educational qualification that is either an advanced degree in Psychology, User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Social sciences or related fields, with significant industry experience.
- Strong understanding of & experience with a broad range of research methodologies, their pros/cons and their application during different phases of product development.
- Have an entrepreneurial zeal to get things done & figure out ways to translate research insights into product experiences. Proven ability to work within tight timelines and with excellent project management skills.
- Track record of collaborating across disciplines (design, engineering) to drive change into products; must be able to work independently as well as part of a cohesive team.
Good to have:
- Hands-on experience with Quantitative research with inferential statistics, metric analysis.
- Designing user experiences, knowledge of UI design principles, ability to prototype.
- Keen interest in/ follow the world of Business news & start-ups.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. #MWT