United States of America - California, Orange
AECOM is actively seeking a talented transportation-focused Environmental Principal/Program Manager for immediate employment at our Los Angeles, CA, or Orange, CA locations. The appropriately qualified applicant will have demonstrated experience in leading CEQA/NEPA document development, regulatory permitting, technical studies, and environmental compliance for highway and bridge projects in Southern California.
This is a leadership role for a seller/doer role and proven experience winning and managing impact assessment and permitting services for transportation projects will be critical. As a fully integrated design, engineering, and planning firm, the ideal candidate will be highly organized and work well within multi-disciplinary teams to build collective benefit for our clients.
They will have a strong reputation for professional environmental services with Los Angeles-area transportation agencies including Caltrans Districts 7, 12, and/or 8; LA Metro; and/or other local jurisdictions. The selected candidate can look forward to leading teams that perform environmental planning for surface transportation and/or transit projects (NEPA/CEQA documents), multimodal corridor studies, and environmental support during construction. AECOM is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects, with support from practice-based leadership, and access to technical expertise across the country.
Responsibilities include but aren't limited to the following:
- Serve as a leader from the Environment Business Line on pursuits, including those as part of multi-disciplinary design/engineering/environmental teams, or for solely environmental services.
- Lead the environmental delivery for complex surface highway, bridge, tolling, transit and other transportation projects. Serve as project manager for the development of CEQA/NEPA documentation, associated technical studies, regulatory permitting, and public outreach following guidelines from Caltrans, FHWA, and others.
- Serve as recognized leader in the environmental impact assessment and permitting field for transportation projects in the Los Angeles-area market. Represent AECOM in the market as a leader for environmental services to the transportation industry
- Support and mentor staff supporting transportation-focused projects.
- Work collaboratively with AECOM's engineering and design practices to track pursuits, network with clients, prepare proposals, and ultimately deliver full integrated projects.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingand disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
With world class technical expertise, leading edge technology and innovative project delivery capability around the world, AECOM's global environmental practice helps industry and government meet their business goals - to achieve compliance, reduce or eliminate risks and manage impacts. We provide advisory and technical services to help clients cleanup and close contaminated sites and surplus operational facilities and restore them for reuse, plan and permit new facilities, address critical climate change issues, restore habitats and water quality, protect natural and cultural resources, maintain compliance, and cost effectively manage residuals and wastes.
- BA/BS in planning, geography, environmental studies, or technical areas such as biology, anthropology + eight years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- 15+ years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and education.
- Demonstrated experience leading the development of complex CEQA/NEPA documentation, regulatory permitting, and technical studies related to transportation projects.
- Collaborative, solution-oriented, and team-focused approach to delivering projects to internal partners and external clients.
- 10+ years of experience working as an Environmental Project Manager for either a private firm or a public agency.
- AICP or active involvement in APA or other professional organizations preferred. Advanced degree preferred.<
- Proven experience and understanding of delivering environmental clearance for projects with Caltrans and/or FHWA oversight.Proven experience with on-call contract management.
- Able to develop strategy and lead competitive pursuits.
- Understand the project delivery process, possess excellent technical and analytical skills, and demonstrate strong personal initiative.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Planning
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 241970BR
Additional Locations US - Los Angeles, CA - 300 S Grand Ave
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.