Receptionist Part-time - Great Job for Grad Student looking for Part-time Income
The American Anthropological Association (AAA) located in Arlington, Virginia has an opening for part-time receptionist to answer phones, process mail, and perform clerical duties to support our membership and a staff of 24. AAA is a professional member association supporting 8,000+ anthropologists worldwide.
Hours and specific days are flexible within the normal work week and work day. The AAA offices are located in the Courthouse Metro area and follow all guidelines for public safety such as safe distancing and mask protocols.
Interested applicants should send their resume, and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific responsibilities include:
- Answer incoming telephone calls. Determine the nature of the call and refer to the proper individual. Give assistance by developing ample information on vague inquiries in order to refer the call properly.
- Send and receive faxes and notify recipient.
- Maintain Outlook office leave calendar
- Arrange for UPS, USPS deliveries and pickup (create labels, pack, process).
- Replenish paper in all printers and reorder when supply is low.
- Order office equipment, furniture, and office supplies as requested by staff.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail. Record in logs: (1) checks (2) credit cards (3) packages.
- Process (create mail labels, pack, apply postage) outgoing mail.
- Perform Order Fulfillment (print invoices from database). Create labels, pack, apply postage, take to mailroom weekly.
- Maintain postage equipment. Report meter funds totals weekly to controller.
- Provide administrative support as requested (special mailings, special projects).
- Education- High School or Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of computers and Micr0Soft Office Suite.