The School of Sociology and Anthropology at Sun Yat-sen University currently has openings in the following positions:
“100 Talents Program Phase II"
1) Leading talents: Influential scholars with a track record of academic success and remarkable research achievements in related disciplines.
2) Pace-setter in research: Influential academic leader in humanities & social sciences; or associate professor and up from internationally renowned universities with development potential.
II. Associate Professor or Lecturer
1) Outstanding young talents (Class I and Class II): Young scholars below the age of 40 with clear research direction, strong and independent scientific research ability and useful work experience, huge development potential, with experience of studying or working in prestigious universities, papers published in top academic journals or widely recognized research achievements.
2) Academic leader: Scholars with important academic achievements, work experience in renowned universities and development potential.
3) Outstanding young talents: Young scholars below the age of 35 with development potential.
III.Research Fellow and Associate Research Fellow
Those who have work experience as lecturer, assistant professor, or similar positions at prestigious universities or research institutions.
Outstanding postdocs or PhD graduates who have study or work experience at prestigious universities and colleges or research institutions.
Specially-appointed research fellow and associate research fellows should be no more than 38 years of age, while other full-time scientific researchers should be no more than 35 years of age when first appointed.
IV.Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Outstanding doctoral scholars who are below 35, with less than 2 years within graduation and have strong research capability.
The following information is provided by the employer in accordance with AAA policy.
AAA is not responsible for verifying the accuracy of these statements. They are not
part of the actual position description submitted for publication by the employer.
This employer does not prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation/preference.
This employer does not prohibit discrimination based on gender identity/expression.
This employer does not offer health insurance benefits to eligible partners.
The School of Sociology & Anthropology at Sun Yat-sen University is composed of the Dept. of Anthropology, and the Dept. of Sociology and Social Work. It has a long history and strong academic background. In 1981, Sun Yat-sen University was one of the first universities in China to resume the Dept. of Sociology. The Dept. of Anthropology became China’s first institution that can grant bachelor’s, ...master’s and doctoral degrees in anthropology. The anthropology major was rated as national key discipline in 2002 and 2007, and the sociology major was rated as key discipline in 2007. In 2012, sociology and archaeology of Sun Yat-sen University ranked 4th and 7th respectively in national first-level discipline ranking. The School of Sociology & Anthropology boasts a strong faculty profile. Our professors and researchers are internationally trained in the UK, US, Japan, France, Italy, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Mainland China.