Open Date: 02/06/2017
Review Date: 03/08/2017
Job Category: Faculty
Department: Sociology, Social Work & Anthropolo
College/Unit: College of Humanities and Social Sc
Location: Logan Campus
Posting Duration: Open Until Filled
The Anthropology Program at USU seeks a generalist Lecturer who can teach courses across several subfields (expertise in Biological and Cultural Anthropology is especially appreciated), for a 9-month, full-time, on-going appointment beginning August 1, 2017. We seek applicants whose scholarship is evidenced by a strong record of research and publication and the integration of their research interests with teaching. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the online minor in anthropology by teaching both introductory and upper-division on-line courses, Face-to-face teaching is also possible, contingent upon department needs and candidate interests. Review of applications will begin on March 8, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
The successful candidate will teach Introductory courses in Biological and Cultural Anthropology and other courses relevant to her/his expertise as well as advise undergraduate students who are pursuing the on-line minor. Topic and area specialization is open. Special consideration will be given to candidates whose research and teaching interests complement, rather than replicate current program offerings.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- D. (ABD acceptable) in Anthropology or related field from a CHEA accredited institution or international equivalent.
- Demonstrated potential for effective on-line course development and teaching experience.
- Highly effective communication skills, including listening, writing, and speaking.
- The successful candidate must be able to satisfactorily complete a background check prior to employment.
- D. in Anthropology from CHEA accredited institution or international equivalent and evidence of successful experience in on-line course-development and teaching.
Opportunity Type: Full-Time w/benefits package
Percent of Time or Hours per Week: 100%
Advertised Salary: Minimum $40,000, plus excellent benefits
See http://usu.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=2174 for more information and to apply online.
Employment in this position is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Utah State University is an AA/EO Employer and encourages gender and ethnic diversity.