BASIC FUNCTION: The Behavioral Sciences department at Riverside City College is hiring an anthropologist with a strong background in physical anthropology and/ or archeology. The successful candidate will be responsible for lecture and/or laboratory instruction in all classes in Anthropology. The successful candidate will teach introduction to archeology, physical anthropology, and cultures of ancient Mexico as well as other courses in the discipline. Participation in course revision and creation, accurate assessment of Student Learning Outcomes is expected, as well as involvement and completion of student and program level assessment.
EDUCATION: Master's degree in anthropology or archaeology; OR Bachelor's degree in either of the above AND Master's degree in sociology, biological sciences, forensic sciences, genetics or paleontology; OR the Equivalent. Ph.D. preferred. (All degrees and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications must be from accredited institutions.)
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated successful teaching experience is required. Experience teaching at the community college or baccalaureate level is highly desirable.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The candidate should display positive and effective interpersonal skills when interacting with both students and staff.
Other: COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY: Evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (E.C. 87360a).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: 1. The instructional assignment will include lecture and laboratory classes in the discipline. 2. Assignments are based upon the assumption of workload of forty hours weekly, including but not limited to conducting classes, class preparation, student evaluation, office hours, committee work, curriculum and program development, student learning outcomes assessment, program review, student activities, and other duties per the bargaining unit agreement. 3. Institutional service activities are expected of all faculty members. 4. Participation in discipline/department decision making processes and work regarding curriculum, program development, scheduling and other matters are also expected of all department faculty. 5. Responsibilities also include maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: 1. Ten-month, tenure-track position. 2. Salary is commensurate with academic preparation, and full-time teaching or equivalent experience with a range from Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6 of the current Faculty Salary Schedule. 3. Medical and dental benefits are provided for the employee and legal dependents. 4. A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided for the employee. 5. Orientation to college is required as is adherence to Improvement of Instruction policy. 6. Maintaining broad knowledge of the academic or occupational area and design pedagogy related to learning outcomes is also expected. 7. Responsible for all other conditions of employment required of full-time faculty members such as a willingness to be involved in District and College promotional activities, active participation in college committee work, student activities and other support services, and appropriate professional activities.
Required Applicant Documents: Resume or Curriculum Vitae Cover Letter Teaching Philosophy Letter of Recommendation 1 Letter of Recommendation 2 Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Optional Applicant Documents: Letter of Recommendation 3 Doctorate Transcript
Effective Employment Date: August 2018
Application Deadline: 02-09-2018
Special Comments: ************************************************
*Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. This includes recommendation letters. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* Paper applications and supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, WILL NOT be accepted! ALL documents MUST be submitted electronically with the online application.
* Letters of recommendation must be NON-CONFIDENTIAL and submitted electronically when applying on-line. Please submit current letters.
*The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Diversity and Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
* The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
The following information is provided by the employer in accordance with AAA policy.
AAA is not responsible for verifying the accuracy of these statements. They are not
part of the actual position description submitted for publication by the employer.
This employer does prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation/preference.
This employer does prohibit discrimination based on gender identity/expression.
This employer offers health insurance benefits to eligible same and opposite-sex domestic partners.